Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
29-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #1

hungry cat tale....

I spoke to a lovely man this evening who's wife had phoned for a neutering voucher, she wasn't in so I had a chat with him. This cat had been hanging around for a few months & was quite thin when she first came, but seemed hungry. they started feeding her, then recently she became more & more hungry, she started breaking into houses through windows and only last week stole a lb of sausages from a neighbours kitchen. (not funny, but you can't help but chuckle) Her tummy is getting bigger & bigger & they asked someones advice, who thought maybe if she's hungry & got a big belly she had worms, so they wormed her, then her tummy still kept growing, the lovely polite man was quite concerned that the worm infestation must be quite bad.... I asked when the pot belly started, only in the last few weeks was his reply. I've arranged to pop and see this little girl who is friendly & very hungry. I'm hoping we can bring her into the branch to have her kittens .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-01-2008, 11:27 PM   #2

Re: hungry cat tale....

Aww Bless them for caring for her....remember the pictures Smudgley...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
29-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Aww Bless them for caring for her....remember the pictures Smudgley...
Will do..

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #4

He didn't think of the obvious then?!! It's good you'll take her in to have the kittens Smudgley.......at least the couple were worried and concerned for her..

What a pity Gwenny lives too far away...... I bet the perfect kitten will be there for her..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #5

Sorry, but can't help but laugh at that story, Smudgley, the way you tell it! A whole pound of sausages!!! Poor thing, and bless that couple for taking care of her; hope she has lovely healthy "worms"!!! (seriously, worming that late in a pregnancy wouldn't harm the kittens, would it?)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #6

aww, bless him and his wife! Hope kitty will be ok, but if you are taking her on Smudgley, I have no doubt she will be.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: NA
30-01-2008, 01:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
What a pity Gwenny lives too far away...... I bet the perfect kitten will be there for her..
Aw I wish

Bless, that's such a nice story for hungry kitty! Nice to think that some people will look after them.

My grandparents have done so with many animals (and my grandfather doesn't especially like animals) hedgehogs, cats, dogs, even a stray fox cub last year. It was gorgeous! They fed him for weeks then eventually called a rescue center - they were calling him Fred. Turns out 'Fred' was in fact a 'Fredrika'. My grandmother cried for ages when they took her.

Catsey Veteran

30-01-2008, 02:31 AM   #8

Aww, what a nice story Gwenny! A fox cub! But grown-up foxes eat peoples chickens if they can,,,ask Smudgley!!!...a shame that you're not nearer to her. Quite a few of the members who are close enough have rehomed some of her foster kittens and they are just little loves, so well socialized and so cute! Keep looking, there's a kitten out there somewhere looking for you......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #9

What a lovely story and sounds like a nice man.

Catsey Veteran

30-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #10

Smudgley, have you given any thought to perhaps writing a book? You do have a way with words, and have posted so many funny/sad/inspiring stories here....not that you have that much spare time on your hands.... think about it! You could raise money for the branch....