Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
21-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #1

cat fostering update

hi I just thought I would update you on what has been going on in regard to me possible fostering with the cat and kitten rescue. I tried CP but they didn't have the funds to build the pens. I can't find the thread where I said that cat and Kitten rescue were interested in me fostering so I hope you don't mind me starting a new thread. The link below is from the CP fostering thread.
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=23639

Right to start with Cat and Kitten rescue are the rescue group who found Trevor for my Parents (they were looking for a feral cat to live on there small holding). I will add to the post I started on that to tell you about him. See below for the link.
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=24321

When they dropped him off I mentioned that I would love to foster and they said great they were always looking for fosterer, especially in the buckingahm area as they are based further north, but have people who are looking to get cats based around me.
the link to a bit about them here I hope it is OK to put it there.
http://www.[Sys edit: Links to pet forums not allowed]/adoption/beds.html

Anyway the lady came round to mine to see what sort of space I had and to see what they could put there. As Tilly is a virus carrier (Feline Herpes Virus) we decided that a 8'x10' shed would be good which had crates in it would be better than pens.
I was a bit concerned as they crate that came with Trevor was rather small and my Mum and I had to get a bigger one. But I have checked with the lady and the crates that would go in the shed for the foster cats to stay in are bigger and are actually dog crates but smallish ones.
The cat lady has been on the look out for a second hand shed but can't find on so is probably going to get a new 8'x 10' shed, as that is the space in my garden that I said they could put what ever they wanted to for cat fostering in.

So to what I heard today is the Lady is coming on Saturday to drop off some paving slabs for the shed to stand on. It seems like it is all going ahead and I should be up and running for kitten season.

I will let you know more as it happens.

Sally
ps sorry for the long post

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
21-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #2

Re: cat fostering update

I am so pleased for you Sally!!! Exciting times ahead

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #3

Brilliant news Sally, good for you..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
21-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #4

So does that mean your doing this as well as the guide dog brood bitch as well?

Almost a Veteran Member

21-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #5

deleted post

Catsey Veteran

21-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #6

I'm sorry to sound harsh, I don't mean to but do you not think you should have looked into what is "expected" of you before you volunteered? I know your intentions are good but surely a bit research wouldn't have gone amiss

Almost a Veteran Member

21-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #7

I have done research I was just after a friendly peoson to help me out but if that isn't you don't worry the post has been deleted. As I am fed up of being critised so I will be leave this thread as it is.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
21-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilly
I have done research I was just after a friendly peoson to help me out but if that isn't you don't worry the post has been deleted. As I am fed up of being critised so I will be leave this thread as it is.
Hi Sally, I haven't done any cat rescue myself so I am not exactly sure what would be involved. Smudgely and Alex both foster for Cats Protection and I am sure both would be willing to offer you help and advice. I'm sure they'll see this thread at some point but might be worth pming them? Good luck with your venture, I for one think you are brilliant for undertaking cat rescue, well done! and I'd love to hear how it all goes x

Catsey Veteran

22-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilly
Tilly, I wasn't criticizing you at all. I just found your post a bit strange. Surely the lady that came to see you told you what would be expected of you.
I admire you for taking on so much. Just don't burn yourself out. It's so easily done. Take it from one that knows! One of the things you have to be prepared for is how to say no! honestly people go for the heart and say things like if you don't take it I'll have it put to sleep or kill it myself. they never do but be prepared. Also if you have a car don't be used. Again I know you want to help and make a difference but honestly start as you mean to go on. Practise saying no.
You'll understand what I mean in a few months.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #10

Good luck Sally, I hope it all goes well for you!