Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
15-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #1

Daily Thread/Tuesday

Morning all,
Its absolutely pouring here and has been all night
I very nearly didnt make it home from work ,dad called me to say the road was really flooded and there were police there advising people notto go through unless they really had too.......but no worries supper daddy got me home ,we had to take the long route back though.
Am about to go and brave the weather with the doggies for a very quick walk around the block other wise there is no way they are going to let me sleep.
not alot planned for today,have my sister coming round after school,she going to be staying with us again for a while,have no idea how long for this time.
have a good day all and stay safe if you are affected by floods!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread/Tuesday

Morning Erin, morning all, pouring with rain here too right now Have to nip to the horse feed merchants this morning and go to the bank and PO. Nothing exciting planned, just usual routine.

Hope everyone has a lovely day and hope at least some of you don't have rain today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
15-01-2008, 08:48 AM   #3

just got back from walking the dogs,10 mins at the most we were out,i walked them round the block and im soaked and very much awake now
off for a warm bath to hopefully make me all sleepy again,then off to bed.
catch you all later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
15-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #4

Hi. I'm taking the girls to school today. Going into work later on today as I was late back again last night, so I'm going in late & finishing early today.
Bit of housework to do & some washing to catch up on first.
Heavy rain here too.
Bluebell wants to go out, but I won't let her as she will get soaked if I do & her coat gets in such a mess when she gets soaked.
Have a good day.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
15-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #5

Morning all Spain checking in

Saw all those terrible photos on the news about floods and more rain on the way

Stay dry, safe and warm Catsey peeps !

Well as you can imagine we have sunshine, but it was rather chilly at 4º at 8am I was woken early by the stampede of kitty craziness - why or why do they have to gallop about the house at crazy times

Have a good day all !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
15-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #6

yukky here in essex as well. got the council coming some time today. my loo is leaking and ive got a wet carpet. only laid it last week !!!!! the girl on the phone didnt understand the concept of its a health hazard!!!
also go my daughter coming this afternoon. ill do sarnies n nice stuff for a late lunch.
have a good day all and stay dry everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-01-2008, 11:23 AM   #7

Yukky yukky - what a lot of rain. Take care if you are driving or walking near it. I plan on going nowhere today.
Am fine after my tumble - less stiff than I anticipated but have a spectacular, now violet, bruise.
Stay dry and have as good a day as you can.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #8

Well I am off work today, and it has not stopped raining here yet rained all night and still going now.

Got to pop out to the shops I was thinking of having roasted vegetable cous cous but with the weather may go for beef goulash instead

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #9

No rain here yet but very overcast ........ I think we must have had our quota last Friday

Cassie seems a bit off colour today, she appears to have brought up two little piles of hair during the night and she is not eating her food today. I have tried her on a little steamed fish earlier but she's just not interested in it at the moment.

Just the usual routine jobs to do today and a few extra cuddles for Cassie..

Stay dry and have a good day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #10

Terrible weather first thing this morning - gales and heavy rain, was blowing and pouring most of the night. OH had to go to the dentist and I had my Italian class this morning, so we both had to go out! Roads really bad - floods everywhere. At the switchbacks down our lane, workmen were out with sandbags on my way home - switchbacks have not flooded since major drainage works were done roughly 10 years ago! It did stop raining for coming home and OH have me a cuddle when I got in and said "You're home safely" - that was nice wasn't it?

Glad you're not too stiff Dinahsmum - that was a nasty fall you had yesterday. How brave you were doing that post!

Sorry to hear Cassie's not on form today Mags - let's hope she feel better very soon.

Keep safe everyone and warm and dry if you possibly can.