Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-01-2008, 05:09 PM   #1

Baby bird

Early this morning about 5.00am the dogs were totaly interested in something in the garden but I couldn't see what and thought no more of it.
When I took them out later in the morning, I saw a baby bird a starling or a blackbird (def a baby but a little bigger than a sparrow) soaking wet and crouching down.
Came back still there.

Later went to the vets he was still there, when I came back he was still there so have moved an old bird box onto the ground near him and put some seed down.

Now almost 6 hourslater he has moved to up by the house - Lord knows why maybe does not realise two crazy Staffs will at the least - scare him to death. He calls almost in panic when you go near him.

I wonder if the storms have caught him un awares or if a predator of some sort has had him and he's here by accident.

Anyhow now have two cardboard boxes turned on their side, an old bird house and at least 3 turned on their side flower pots round the garden for him to shelter in. And what has he chosen the sour cream tub I use to take the bird food to the table in, I must have left it outside its blown down by the bird bath and he's in that. Oh well hope he is a fighter....
Fingers crossed. Karen

Catsey Veteran

13-01-2008, 05:10 PM   #2

Re: Baby bird

Updated to say he has now come down to the plastic shed, and is behind that....how do I know easy thats where the dogs headed for...wish he'd go back up to the top of the garden.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #3

aww poor baby, hope he makes it!

Catsey Veteran

13-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #4

Me too I think he is almost a flyer but sort of bunny hops but he can't half run he's in that inbetween stage where they spend a day or two on the ground before sort of thing. Not seen a parent return for.to him though....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #5

any news Kazz?

Catsey Veteran

16-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #6

Well up until yesterday Beep Beep (named for the road runner remember the noise he made ) - he was alive and well and living under the Sundance in the garden. However not sen him today but I have been at work but their was a cat in the garden this morning. ;( so not sure hope he's got stronger and flown away.

Although the cat could have had something to do with Beep Beep' s arrival ie a cat victim.

But yesterday alive and well. Thanks for asking Emma.

Catsey Veteran

16-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #7

keeping everything crossed for him Karen.

Catsey Veteran

16-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #8

I woun't fuss to much Alex, I imagine birds baby and otherwise live and die every day. However I did attempt to help this one a little as he seemed a fighter. e was fine yesterday though legging it about the garden like a Marathon runner......

Catsey Veteran

16-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #9

lol, hope he wins through, but as you say....