Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
31-12-2007, 12:05 AM   #1

What's everyone doing New Years eve

We are, well were supposed to be having a party, just a few friends/family round, but John's been ill & on off for the past few days& he doesn't feel up to much. I'm at work all day & not sure I can get home in time to prepare party stuff etc, our friends who are coming from Burton (an hour away) are feeling rough & are unsure weather they'll come & my brother-in-law has had a bad bout of flu 3 weeks ago & is just about shaking it off.

I think this party may go on hold unless everyone suddenly perks up tomorrow.

Anyway, what are you doing for New Years eve?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-12-2007, 12:23 AM   #2

Re: What's everyone doing New Years eve

I'm a bit in the same boat Smudgley I was going to spend New Year's Eve preparing for our family party the following day. I had a phone call today from my daughter to say her husband, son and daughter have all gone down with flu and are in bed ....... the chances of her getting it too must be pretty high So it looks like we will have a 9.8kg turkey between the two of us!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
31-12-2007, 12:25 AM   #3

I think everyones got it Mags. I had it a couple of weeks ago, but I just had a cold & sore throat, John has a flu type thing coming on & I know a few people who've been really ill, not for a couple of days, but a couple of weeks.

Anyway, you'll soon get through that turkey Mags, you know the way, turkey sandwiches, turkey & chips, turkey on toast turkey curry, turkey chilli, turkey salad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
31-12-2007, 12:26 AM   #4

I will be in bed, do not really celebrate New Year, although will be on here for a while.

Global Moderator

31-12-2007, 12:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
I think everyones got it Mags. I had it a couple of weeks ago, but I just had a cold & sore throat, John has a flu type thing coming on & I know a few people who've been really ill, not for a couple of days, but a couple of weeks.

Anyway, you'll soon get through that turkey Mags, you know the way, turkey sandwiches, turkey & chips, turkey on toast turkey curry, turkey chilli, turkey salad.
....... I will even be typing gobble, gobble, gobble after that lot!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-12-2007, 12:34 AM   #6

Against my better judgement (don't want to leave the house unattended - but as CCTV and alarm system are now working and mega-bolts are on doors it might be OK), we will be going to London to spend the day/evening on the BioDiesel boat I posted about a while back - Earthrace!

She's at Greenwich and will be moving to St Katherine's Dock by later afternoon, and we've been invited to a party on her . . . can't wait!

We never normally do anything but this is too much of a treat to pass up

I hope all flu-ridden folk are feeling better soon, it's usually me that is out of action over Christmas, got mine out of the way early this year!!

Global Moderator

31-12-2007, 12:38 AM   #7

Hope you have a great time tomorrow night Yola!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
31-12-2007, 08:07 AM   #8

i would usually be at my moms with all my family but im working tonight ,this is the first year ever that ive missed it,im gutted!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
31-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #9

Nothing special planned here, usually just see the New Year in, at home watching TV or playing EQ. Boring I know

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
31-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #10

oh I am sorry some of you are suffering from the sniffles
((((insert hug smilie )))))

We are going to an Indian restaurant with a crowd of people 70 euros per couple and a free bar So suspect there will be some hangovers in the morning

Have a great night everyone whatever you do