Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggy Toms and a Princess
30-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #1

Max and Oli have the runs.

Sorry for the title but both my kittens have runny poo (can't spell diahorea) - Max seems worse and he has smelly breath and was a little bit sick this morning (barely a spoonful)

Oli is drinking alot and both are running around as normal.

Having read the other thread I have stopped the wet food (Felix pouches) and am only feeding then dry food at the moment. I have also stopped them going outside (in case they pick something else up)

they were wormed on Friday (two days ago) - but that hasn't made any difference.

Is there anything I could get to help them or do I wait for the vet tomorrow (I hope theywill not go downhill )

Thank you in anticipation of your advise.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
30-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #2

Re: Max and Oli have the runs.

I would suggest stopping their dry food and giving them plain chicken/rice or plain white fish/rice for a day or two and then slowly introduce food back as normal.

Make sure they are both drinking fine.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
30-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #3

awww poor little mites As suggested above chicken & rice will help and plenty of water so they dont dehydrate.

Hope they are both well soon - keep us posted

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
30-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #4

Oh dear I hope they are feeling better soon X

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-12-2007, 02:55 PM   #5

Poor boys I agree with what has been said ..... give them only boiled chicken or steamed/boiled white fish for a few days until the diarrhoea has stopped.

It sounds like they have both eaten something that has disagreed with them........ I hope they'll feel better in a few days.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #6

So sorry to hear about Max and Oli - hope they get well soon. Do let us know how they get on.

Catsey Junior

30-12-2007, 09:03 PM   #7

Thanks for the advice,we all had boiled chicken for tea and I am keeping a close eye on movements

I am hoping thay it is something that will clear up soon, they don't like being stuck inside.

Thank you again, I will let you know how we get on. Having kittens is a lot of fun, but when they are ill it is just like when my kids are ill except they can't tell you what they have done or eaten !!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
31-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #8

just checking in to see how your babies are doing today

Catsey Junior

01-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #9

They were both improving and loving the boiled chicken, unfortunately I left them with some dry Go-Cat (with milk nuggets !) as I have to go out today - since then Max has had really bad runs - so think he doesn't get on with Cows milk.

Will continue with chicken and rice ( not keen on the rice but woof the chicken down ) until all back to normal then avoid anything with cows milk (not natural for cats anyway, noticed that the whiskers cat treats I had in contained milk too )

Apart from the poo, both are fine and getting up to mischief as usual.

Thanks again for the advice - by the way anyone any good with 9 year old boys ? - mine has been in a bad temper since coming home today, probably due to staying up til 2 am for New Year - Happy New Year

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #10

LOL, no advice on the boy! Lots of cats are lactose intolerant; you can get cats milk for them if they're fond of milk. Keep up with the chicken and fish till their innards are settled and movements normal; hope they're better now!