Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
23-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #1

Daily Thread/Sunday

Happy Christmas Eve Eve

Freezing and foggy here this morning,Ive just got back from walking the dogs,the paths are the slippy I fell over have a graze on my wrist and cause its so cold it hurt a million times worse than it should have done at least there was nobody about
not much planned for today,im off work tonight so I MUST NOT sleep all day,ive set my alarm for 11 and am telling myself over and over that i will not turn it off and go back to sleep!!!!
Cats are alot calmer this morning thank goodness so shouldnt be too much trouble getting off to sleep.

Hope you all have a great day,stay warm folkes!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread/Sunday

Morning Erin, morning all!

Very frosty and cold this morning but the sun is just coming up over the roof tops.

Going to have a top to bottom house clean today and then tackle a basket of ironing...

Enjoy your day and stay warm all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
23-12-2007, 12:01 PM   #3

Hi all, I've been up early wrapping the last of the presents. I was hoping to finish work last Friday until 2nd Jan, but that's not going to happen. Too busy, too many new babies being born. don't need to go to work today so I'm going to have a good clean of the house whilst John is fishing. (must be bad sitting at the side of a pool in this frost) anyway later I will be walking the dog with the girls & then a few CP things to do. John is doing the food shopping tonight at midnight as folks go so mad with 10 trolleys each etc so he's going when it might be fairly quiet. Then that's us done & ready for Santa. Tomorrow I need to go to work, but if I can get done early we are going to the pictures.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #4

Morning all, Frosty start here, but the sun is out now....
Got something in my eye yesterday, woke up this morning with a black eye!!!
Going to get the Christmas grocieries today...
have a good day everybody...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-12-2007, 01:30 PM   #5

Afternoon all. Just back from church, off again tonight for the lovely carols by candlelight service, always one of my highlights of the year. I have to read a passage from Lukes gospel so that'll be nervewracking lol.

My wrapping is all done, the turkey is defrosting, the house is (almost) tidied and just about to drop OH at the town centre for his last minute bits and bobs shopping. Rather him than me lol. Hope all have a good day, and Erin hope your wrist is feeling better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
23-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #6

afternoon all,
still freezing here,my wrist is ok thanks alex,it killed this morning!
Think im coming down with that sickness bug i knew I would it would pretty difficult not to with how many people have it at work.I feel really sick and my stomach is killing me!!!
Really really hope its just a 24 hour thing,there no way i can call in sick at work on christmas day,i would be in right trouble!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #7

Afternoon all!

Had an unexpected visit this afternoon from my daughter, SIL and family. Katie and Jamie are so excited, it was lovely to see such happy children. On the other hand, my daughter was panicking that she wouldn't do everything right when we go to them this Christmas I reassured her that we would all 'muck in' anyway..
My SIL seems quite oblivious to the efforts we women put in to getting the day just right! ..... that's men for you!

Erin
~ if it is that sickness bug you've caught, I hope it's short lived and you get to enjoy yourself..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #8

Hello all home from work now. Not back again till Boxing day first time I've had Christmas eve off so well chuffed. I normaly work it as it is so relaxed...
Anyhow thought I had everything just the turkey to collect in the morning from the Butchers and buy some bread...only to discover I have everything but my sister does not....money confusion over pay or something and Big Sis - ie me is coming to the rescue so off we go to Sainsbury's tomorrow morning at 8.

Taking Mom and Dad to a carol concert at Birmingham Symphony Hall tonight my Christmas treat to them....I am dropping them then picking them up.

Karen

Take care all and have a good day or two

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #9

Afternoon, ladies! Dense fog here this morning, could barely see the houses across the street! And hasn't dissipated much now and it's almost lunch time here. We aren't having a White Christmas, will be sunny; the kiddies getting sleds will be disappointed... need to finish wrapping (see my post explaining! )Then do a house-tidy and relax!

Erin: hope it's only a 24 hour bug! Take care!
Moli: a shame about your eye!

Say warm, all...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-12-2007, 05:46 PM   #10

We have OHs older kids and little grandson here today. It's been very, very busy with a 4 yr old, a 2 yr old and a 1 yr old all screaming around the house. Nice though! I'm sitting down with a painkiller for a moment's respite to see if my headache will subside.

Got a small pile of ironing to get through tonight + some preliminary packing for going away tomorrow. I'm hoping OH won't have to go into the office as I could do with him minding the boys whilst I pack the remainder. There is SO much stuff I have to take for Sebastian it's quite frightening. Thank heaven for a car with a big boot!!