Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #1

Daily thread ~ Monday

Afternoon all!

It's been a lovely, sunny, cold day here ......... we had a hard frost last night and everything was white this morning.

Have been to my daughter's house this morning for a few hours. Had coffee and sampled one of her home made sausage rolls and a mince pie ......very nice too!

Did some shopping in Sainsbury's on the way home and we were entertained by one of the staff, an American, singing White Christmas ....... he had a great voice too!

Stay warm everyone and enjoy your day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
17-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Monday

Good afternnon all

Very frosty here this morning but there was a large bright sun in the sky which although blinding when driving, was a very welcome sight to see.
Needless to say the internet is not up and running as promised on Friday and once again we have been given another date for the 21st but to be honest I am loosing hope and really missing chatting with everyone on here and catching up so I appologise for not reguarly replying and I am sorry please don't take it personal

By the way Mags homemade pies and sos rolls sounds very very good indeed. Were they warm??

Have a lovely day everyone

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
Good afternnon all

Very frosty here this morning but there was a large bright sun in the sky which although blinding when driving, was a very welcome sight to see.
Needless to say the internet is not up and running as promised on Friday and once again we have been given another date for the 21st but to be honest I am loosing hope and really missing chatting with everyone on here and catching up so I appologise for not reguarly replying and I am sorry please don't take it personal

By the way Mags homemade pies and sos rolls sounds very very good indeed. Were they warm??

Have a lovely day everyone
Oh yes BC, freshly baked ..... I took her round my home made Christmas cake and she 'made' me sample her home baking while I was there..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
17-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #4

oooooooooooo sounds fantastic you do know that I'm drooling now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #5

Lost power last night!!! Was sitting peacefully in bed watching the late news when pow! The whole neighborhood went dark....we had very high winds, gusts up to 50 mph. Fortunately I keep a chamberstick in case of things like that, so made my way downstairs by candlelight to look up the power company's number to report it...thank God for cell phones! Leia appeared really startled at everything going dark and quiet; she's not a talky cat but was meowing loudly! And of course the heat was off and the house getting chilly! And then I couldn't get to sleep; kept worrying about the food in the freezer/refrigerator, and if I could get on line today.. To make a long story short it came back on sometime in the night; must have been very late as the house was still cold when I got up. The sun is out, but it's bitterly cold, 0, wind chill -6!! Decided to skip the market. So, other than that, everything is fine.

Hope you all have a nice day; stay warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-12-2007, 05:22 PM   #6

Hello all, left school on the bell today as I'm feeling very cold, tired and fed up with over-excited teenagers behaving badly. Would you believe it - we had our THIRD fire alert in a week today! Some prankster must think it's fun to disrupt everything and have us all standing around freezing while the necessary safety checks are done. One lot of culprits was identified the other day and are now on suspension so this must be a different idiot - makes me fume!!!

DM sorry to hear about your power-cut, hope you've warmed up a bit by now. There's some awful weather around in the north. I heard that Toronto, Montreal and Chicago have had big snowstorms, I know they're a long way from you so I hope it doesn't reach Washington!

Catsey Veteran

17-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
Hello all, left school on the bell today as I'm feeling very cold, tired and fed up with over-excited teenagers behaving badly. Would you believe it - we had our THIRD fire alert in a week today! Some prankster must think it's fun to disrupt everything and have us all standing around freezing while the necessary safety checks are done. One lot of culprits was identified the other day and are now on suspension so this must be a different idiot - makes me fume!!!

DM sorry to hear about your power-cut, hope you've warmed up a bit by now. There's some awful weather around in the north. I heard that Toronto, Montreal and Chicago have had big snowstorms, I know they're a long way from you so I hope it doesn't reach Washington!
We've been very lucky snow-wise! The middle of the country and New England/New York have gotten clobbered! So far we've just had one small snow, but it is really cold...can't wait for Summer!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-12-2007, 08:02 PM   #8

Hiya all.

Glad you have power now Eileen...sounds chilly.

Its cold here but not that cold I do not think talking to my cousin who is in New York and he says its been terrible weather there....

We have had two fire alarms "set off" in about a week....too standing outside in the cold is not good....
I sympathise.

Other than that nothing to report was going to get a bit fo shopping "present" but too cold for that it will have to wait till Thursday my day off.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #9

Hiya every one
DM sorry to hear about the chill factor and the loss of power.
Was -5 here this morning, had to scrape the car. My back still hurts and I am shivery and tired all the time, I'll survive though Eva has been a very helpfull kitty though by trying to help me keep warm and cozy. Think she is feeling the cold a wee bit though coz she ends up almost lying on my face
Will try to get some more xmas cats made up for you all this evening but will probably be having another early night.

Catsey Veteran

17-12-2007, 09:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Hiya every one
DM sorry to hear about the chill factor and the loss of power.
Was -5 here this morning, had to scrape the car. My back still hurts and I am shivery and tired all the time, I'll survive though Eva has been a very helpfull kitty though by trying to help me keep warm and cozy. Think she is feeling the cold a wee bit though coz she ends up almost lying on my face
Will try to get some more xmas cats made up for you all this evening but will probably be having another early night.
Bless that cold-footed Eva cat! Sorry you're a bit under the weather; an early bed is a good idea!

It was a real 18th century night here, reading by candlelight, and the entire neighborhood as black as pitch ..... we are so dependent on electricity!