Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-12-2007, 12:23 PM   #1

Talking of buses this made me laugh

Just chatting about buses reminded me of this I red in the Evening mail this week - on the letter to the editor page in my local evening paper - there is chat going backwards and forwards about buses so his is what was written it made me laugh.
The writer of the letter wrote
I was interested to read the correspondenceof R Williams (Mail Dec5) who asked if a recent sighting of five No50 buses, nose to tail , in Moseley is a record.

I can understand his euphoria at such a parade, but we who reside in upper reaches of the same bus route are used to seeing rows of buses who would rival the protracted length of an American freight train.

Prime observation areas for such a phenomena of No50 WMPTE and Diamond buses are at Maypole and at the Druids Heath terminus where they gather en masse.

The drivers do not confer or in any way known to mere member of the public make contact, however they start their engines simultaniously and move off in a hunting pack searching for unsuspecting members of the public transport using fraternity. We who sadly and nievely believe the buses travel to a time table one bus at a time how wrong we are "the buses travel in hunting packs" and as they gather speed we at the bus stops herd together in concern as to which of the approaching 4-5 buses will if any actually pause on their hunt to pick us up. Once this memorable event takes place and we are secure in the belly of the beast we watch with fascination as the hunting pack moves on to its next victim - sorry passenger - at the rapidly approaching bus stop.
And people say its boring travelling by public transport - try it and see.

The letter went on babbling but made me laugh.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #2

Re: Talking of buses this made me laugh

ROFL, Kazz! That really hit home; today I waited at the stop outside the library in freezing weather with a brisk North wind for 25 minutes, and three came at once! I think my personal record is five in a pack!!! Ah the joys of pubic transport.....