Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
13-12-2007, 06:38 PM   #1

So Annoyed

As a whole at work, we all get on great and there are hardly ever any problems between people. However today, the girl who I alternate shifts with has really annoyed me.

On more than one occasion lately, she has asked me to change shifts with her because she has to be somewhere, which I've done (the early shift finishing at 4pm, the late shift finishing at 6:30 - 7pm if we're lucky and have no emergencies or overrunning surgery).

Anyway, next wednesday I am supposed to be going out with the girls for a meal who I've not seen in months. It's been planned for ages and I'm really looking forward to it. Checked my shifts, and I am on a late shift on wednesday finishing at 6:30pm. It takes me 30 minutes to get home, and 20 minutes to get to the restaurant by 8pm, leaving me 40 minutes to have a shower, do my hair and makeup, get changed and go out - and that's if I finish on time.

So today I asked her if she would mind changing shifts with me next wednesday so that I can finish at 2:30pm (half day). She made such a fuss about deciding, and said "well I've not got anything to do but the thing is I'd rather finish early than start late because I can get more things done." In the end after about 5 minutes of umming and arring, I turned around and said that if it was that much of a problem then not to bother.

Chances are that I'm now not going to be able to go out with them next week and we're all either at uni or working in different places so we won't get another chance for ages!

I'll remember that next time she wants to swap with me!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #2

Re: So Annoyed

Isn't that just typical! Some people do take advantage of you but when you ask a rare favour in return, they are just not interested

I think I would be inclined to tell her not to ask any favours from you in future unless she is willing to reciprocate on the rare occasion for you..

I do hope there is still some way you will be able to meet up with your friends next week..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #3

How very selfish of her! I think she'll be in for a surprise the next time she asks you for a favor...hope you can manage to make the reunion with your friends.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
14-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #4

Doh Amber, that sucks I hope she doesn't ask for any more favours as that would just be taking the biscuit!

Hope you manage to meet up with your friends and have a good night!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 moggy, 1 Cheetoh
14-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #5

Some people are just plain selfish. What goes around comes around as they say so the next time she is looking for a change in shift just say no. Hope you manage to get to see your friends.