Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggies
06-12-2007, 12:40 AM   #1

Poor Queenie (she is going to be a real grump

Before I went on holiday I had the cats innoculations boosted in case my mother went into hospital. Socks panaked so much that he left wet paw marks and the vet thought he might have a heart murmour (he doesn't) Tippy threw a sulk and walked around the house thumping anything on 4 paws and glowering at us. Poor Queenie was found to have a bad tooth (one of the small ones on her lower jaw between her canines) the vet said its got to be removed and it is on 11/12 at 9 oclock in the morning. As the 3 cats sleep and eat in the kitchen this means no dinner for the lot of them and only light food the day of the operation. I do hope Socks keeps out of his mum's way because she can be a bit of a grumpy old moo at times.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
06-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #2

Re: Poor Queenie (she is going to be a real grump

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaB
Before I went on holiday I had the cats innoculations boosted in case my mother went into hospital. Socks panaked so much that he left wet paw marks and the vet thought he might have a heart murmour (he doesn't) Tippy threw a sulk and walked around the house thumping anything on 4 paws and glowering at us. Poor Queenie was found to have a bad tooth (one of the small ones on her lower jaw between her canines) the vet said its got to be removed and it is on 11/12 at 9 oclock in the morning. As the 3 cats sleep and eat in the kitchen this means no dinner for the lot of them and only light food the day of the operation. I do hope Socks keeps out of his mum's way because she can be a bit of a grumpy old moo at times.
Aww sorry they are not happy, Bubbles always leaves sweaty paw marks when she's at the vets

Curious about the food situation for the operation, usually it's no food after midnight and none at all the day of the surgery. I know any time mine have been through it, that has always been the rule, same as humans. I don't mean to sound alarmist but it might be worth double checking it.

Anyway, hope Queenie comes through OK, Bubbles recently had 2 teeth removed and she was a changed cat afterwards, she had been so grumpy beforehand, I think her teeth had really been bothering her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
06-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #3

I'm with Grete on that one. I'd double check the food thing. When any of my animals have needed a general anesthetic it's always been no food after 7pm the night before and nothing the morning before going in.

I hope she gets on ok after the removal.

Catsey Junior

06-12-2007, 01:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grete
Aww sorry they are not happy, Bubbles always leaves sweaty paw marks when she's at the vets

Curious about the food situation for the operation, usually it's no food after midnight and none at all the day of the surgery. I know any time mine have been through it, that has always been the rule, same as humans. I don't mean to sound alarmist but it might be worth double checking it.

Anyway, hope Queenie comes through OK, Bubbles recently had 2 teeth removed and she was a changed cat afterwards, she had been so grumpy beforehand, I think her teeth had really been bothering her.
He said no food after 7pm previous night. I don't think it will kill them to miss 1 meal but its going to be gumpy night with all of them, what I meant about the food on the day is the vet says only a light supper on the night after the operation. I hate put cats under or ops, I will get my mother (we live together) to watch her that night as I am on night shift that day (7pm til 7am) I am hoping she will be a little less grumpy, but considering she bit Socks where the vet got him when he got neuteured I am not counting on it.

Catsey Junior

13-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #5

I got Queenie back at 1600 last night. Iwas told that she lost 2 teeth on the bottom and 1 of her canines!!!!!!!!!!!!! The trouble is all the growling spitting and chasing around between her and the other two!! I have rubbed her over with the towel used to wrap them, she rolled over the sratching post. Can anyone please suggest a way that this growling etc can be got rid of.