Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
03-12-2007, 10:47 AM   #1

Daily Thread Monday

Ok I'll start today.

Morning all.
Derek got home last night shattered. It was so windy that he was acually blown off his feet while building teh cairn . He fell on to a rock and has a big gash on his leg.
It's bright but very cold here. I have a few things to do today but nothing really important.
I have Derek home till Wednesday so he can help.

I hope anyone with ilness feels better, and all in the Smudgley household have recovered.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #2

Re: Daily Thread Monday

Morning Jac - I hope Derek's feeling brighter soon. That sounds scary, being blown off your feet

It's sunny and windy here this morning. My lovely Sikh boiler repair man arrived and immediately noticed that the problem was a switch that OH hadn't returned to the correct position OH of course completely denied this, when I spoke to him and said he had. Yeah, right.

Off to Dominik's school Christmas Service at the Falklands Chapel this afternoon (which is where the recent service was held to commemorate the 25 years of the conflict).

The school do their service every year, and this is the first year Dominik's attending (being old enough now I suppose). It's quite handy as it's about 5 minutes from our office!!

I haven't been into a church for many, many years so it's going to feel very strange. But I am looking forward to it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
03-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #3

Afternoon all,

Cold day today - at work till 3pm then the usual chaos at home after school with the terrible two!

One of the guys at work had to rush off as his son has had accident at school - a white board fell of the wall and sliced the boys finger off..... he is only five or so.

Took him to local hospital, who made him drive to another hospital miles away.... not good.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #4

Afternoon, all! Well, the first significant big snowstorm of the season passed North of us, thank God, all we got was rain. New York and New England are getting clobbered with foots of snow...today is sunny but very windy: 15 to 25 MPH and we've had a gust of 50 MPH here in the City. Got very windblown on my market run and am staying indoors the rest of the day except for feeding Onyx and the birds later. I'm hoping the wind won't bring down any power lines: if I disappear later, you'll know why ! Leia tried the porch and decided the warm radiator was much nicer.....

Yola:
know what you mean; I haven't been in a church in donkeys years...

Hope everyone has a nice day....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #5

Afternoon all. Freezing here. Was quite bright this morning but we now have wintery showers brrrrrrrrrrrr.
Avoided the phone all morning as work was trying to call me in for another extra shift. Went into town and got most of xmas pressies, just two or three to get now.
Just waiting for Graham to get home now. Gonna head out to see my folks after tea so may not be on later.
Gonna go get a coffee to heat me up now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
03-12-2007, 07:58 PM   #6

Donna I hope the wee lad is ok.

Well, I went to the garage that's orederd my car today. I'll get it in March...seem's like ages away but before we know it it will be Christmas, then New Year then March .

Ceilidh had a lot of homework to night plus she has to learn songs for the school play Guess who's going to know them by heart? .

Not sure what the evening will hold yet. Hehe probably nothing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-12-2007, 08:24 PM   #7

Well been to work - had a good day apart from Lee at work his Mom died yesterday. She had her leg removed 3 months ago and was doing great, even rehab and making a cup of tea from her wheelchair - she never left hosiptal and was 74 she had a turn for the worse and Lee was called out of work and she and died yesterday afternoon

He said today he was pleased she actually was well before she died and was talking to them all about 11-12 asking why they were there before the visting started so she knew what was going on. She died at 3.05 they said she had septocimia....from her other leg.

But other than that a good day, came home made a lasagne and just eaten it...Yummy.

Oh and just marinaded the lamb steaks for tomorrow, having couscous and lamb (marinaded in honey, harrasa paste, tomato puree and olive oil,takes about 24 hours to marinade)...So should be nice.

Catsey Veteran

03-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Well been to work - had a good day apart from Lee at work his Mom died yesterday. She had her leg removed 3 months ago and was doing great, even rehab and making a cup of tea from her wheelchair - she never left hosiptal and was 74 she had a turn for the worse and Lee was called out of work and she and died yesterday afternoon

He said today he was pleased she actually was well before she died and was talking to them all about 11-12 asking why they were there before the visting started so she knew what was going on. She died at 3.05 they said she had septocimia....from her other leg.

But other than that a good day, came home made a lasagne and just eaten it...Yummy.

Oh and just marinaded the lamb steaks for tomorrow, having couscous and lamb (marinaded in honey, harrasa paste, tomato puree and olive oil,takes about 24 hours
to marinade)...So should be nice.
I am drooling on the keyboard again......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #9

I am hoping it is nice Eileen I have come up with the marinade myself.

Catsey Veteran

03-12-2007, 10:12 PM   #10

Sounds yummy to me! Isn't harissa a bit spicy? That won't bother your stomach after the op, will it? Leon, who had the same op, hates anything even mildly spicy so that never came up in conversation with him.....