Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
01-11-2007, 05:46 PM   #1

Cat advice again please

Hi all. At the end of august a cat adopted my friend. He first thought he was a castraited male but now has his doubts. The cat called max now is getting very round and yesterday he said that the nipples has started to drop. He has had max for about 65days he/she was very vocal to beging with and now he has too put more food down. Why i am asking is that they are going away on holiday for a for a while on holiday and i am cat sitting. I think i have read some where that cats when they are going to give birth nipples drop they go away a week today. Could max be pregnant.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #2

Re: Cat advice again please

Max/Maxine is showing all the signs of being pregnant, Jane.. I think if I were you, I would tell your friend to take him/her to the vet as soon as possible to be checked over.

The last thing you want is the cat to produce kittens while the owner is on holiday!!

Please let us know the outcome of Max/Maxine's dilemma..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
01-11-2007, 06:28 PM   #3

It certainly sounds like Max could infact be an un-neutered female and by the sounds of things might be expecting. I would get the cat checked over by a vet just to confirm and see what is going off. Looks like you might be very busy while your friend is away

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #4

I always thought max could be a female. My friend is going away for a month and even he thinks max might be pregnant. I will get him to take max to the vets before next thursday. If max is a she he will get her spayed as soon as the possible after the babies are born and weaned. All his 4 other cats are spayed and neutered and i know if i have anyworries about max or any of the other i can take them to the vets and he will be perficaly fine with me doing it.

PS Mags i have started calling max maxine as well
How long after the nipples drop do they give birth?

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #5

What do you mean by the nipples 'dropping'? are they bagging up? If so I'd say labour isn't that far away but they are all different, some cats bag up more than others and sooner than others. If he can work out how many days it is since she was very vocal, that would be a better indicator of things..

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #6

Fran will be more able to answer your last question than me Jane ........... I have never had the experience of kittening..

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #7

I will ask him in the morning. Max has beign realy quiet for the last 4 weeks or so could be even more. I think max is eating more as well before he came they put 2 cans of food down and a realy big bowl of go cat down, its now three a day. I looked after them a couple of weeks ago and went in the morning and everything has gone all the milk and even the water. That makes me think max is eating not just for herself.

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #8

If Max is pregnant, she needs to be having plenty of good quality kitten food now

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #9

I will tell him. He is going on saturday for the cat food for his holiday around 100tins so a few more tins wont make a difference. I know if max has babies they will find realy good homes for them and they will be properley looked after.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #10

Looks as if you'll have an interesting cat-sitting session! Do keep us posted on Maxine's story!