Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
14-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #1

Scooter and Jessie.

My brother in law has had my Computer since Wednesday, so I have been unable to post since then.

Scooter and Jessie are both poorly old Cats now. Scooter has a heart problem, which he now seems to be responding well to with treatment, having had a major argument with the vet over him, twice! when Jessie wasnt well the other day, I refused to see her and saw another Vet, thankfully one who sees an old Cat and not an experiment in front of her. Jessie has an intestinal tumour (more than likely) it was thought it may be an enlarged kidney, but as the blood test results were normal for all organ function and blood cell counts, it appears the mass we can feel is a tumour. She is almost 19yrs old and despite her "off day" she has rallied and is now once again eating and drinking normally, and is playing on her Cat nip mat as she always has.

I dont know how long they will be with me, but while they are happy and enjoying a good quality of life, Im pleased to have them here knowing they are well within themselves.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-10-2007, 01:37 PM   #2

Re: Scooter and Jessie.

Bles those dear old kitties xxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-10-2007, 01:37 PM   #3

I'm so sorry to hear how poorly Scooter and Jessie are, Dawn I know how much you love all your animals and would never let them suffer unnecessary, it is such a sad time watching them grow old isn't it?

I'm pleased that they have both picked up and I hope it continues for a while yet..
Sending comforting vibes to Scooter and Jessie .... and ((((hugs)))) to you..x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
14-10-2007, 05:01 PM   #4

Hoping Scooter and Jessie continue to do well. I am sure they will with your care Dawn x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #5

Hope they continue to thrive Dawn........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #6

Poor babies - it's awful seeing them diminish, isn't it? However, let's hope they both have significant happy time ahead.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
14-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #7

Sorry to hear your oldies are poorly Dawn I hate it when it comes to that time and you have to start thinking about what to do for the best. My heart goes out to you.

Hope they continue on for some time yet

*hugs*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
14-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #8

Many thanks all.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #9

Hi Dawn

Age eh the battle we are destined only to draw with BUT never to win or loose. Oscar was diagnosed with CRF and given a few months at most 5 years later he was stil there, pottering around mostof all enjoying life very much. And when he didn't the time was right to part.

You get used to the slower side of life don't you, and like me I imagine you know them so well you can spot anything "not quite right" a mile off.

Best wishes to both of them and I am sure you'll have many more happy times ahead.
Take care Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #10

You will do what needs to be done Dawn when it needs to be done; with a heavy heart, but with a clear conscience.

Glad to hear that that is not the case at present though and that Scooter and Jessie are responding to the treatments they are being given. Long may it continue!