Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-09-2007, 12:44 PM   #1

12th place

My pumpkin came 12th in the allotment 'who can grow the biggest pumpkin' competition It weighed in at 11kg. Not a lot but I did think I had lost the plant back in the monsoon, so ... The winner was over 100kg . Actually the grower of the winning pumpkin also grew the 2nd, 3rd and 4th heaviest specimens, but thankfully didn't enter them, otherwise I would have been 16th!
Those 4 monsters went off to 'Monkey World' and were apparently enjoyed for breakfast on Wednesday - the programme showing it will be broadcast next August!
I meant to take the camera and take a pic of my baby this morning but forgot it, as ever. Anyway, it's still growing and is a lovely golden colour. It's curently about the size of a basketball. I guess it is destined for soup, unless the kids up the road want it for a halloween lantern (seems a terrible waste!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-09-2007, 03:38 PM   #2

Re: 12th place

Congratulations Hilary.

Enjoy it, however it ends its life.

Catsey Veteran

28-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #3

Commiserations would be more apt Kazz - three of the juniors grew bigger specimens than my attempt

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #4

Well, 12th is definitely better than 16th!! I think you did very well considering the weird weather this season. Pumpkin soup?

Catsey Veteran

28-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Pumpkin soup?
Yes, roast pumpkin soup I think - but not yet. It's doing a sterling job occupying ground and keeping the weeds at bay at present .... and maybe it has a few more grammes to add?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
28-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #6

Well done

Our pumpkins are really bad this year too lol...we had one small one that we gave to me nannan and have a tiny one growing at the moment..that's it

Nevermind, I hate pumpkin soup anyway..ewwwww.