Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
12-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #1

What are your kittens' poops like?

Sorry for the "personal" question lol!! As you may have read in my thread a few days ago, Scrabble (18 weeks ish) constantly has runny poops. He dashes to the litter box and basically it is like wee poop (sorry again) amongst a lot of rude noises.. is this normal for a kitten, or should they be solid?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #2

Re: What are your kittens' poops like?

No it's not normal...is he up to date with worming???

Catsey Senior

12-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #3

He has not been wormed at all yet.. both the vet and I forgot to discuss worming at his first check last week but when I called on Friday they said just pop in and they will give me some powder worming stuff to sprinkle on his food.. I think I will go tomorrow morning.. can that cause diarrea then?

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2007, 09:52 PM   #4

Yes, worms can cause diarrhoea and a windy tummy. If it was me, that would be the first thing I would do...worm him with a good wormer, something like Panacur granules or paste

Catsey Senior

12-08-2007, 10:02 PM   #5

Gosh I feel awful, poor wee lamb, I often hear his tiny tummy gurgle (NOT a hunger gurgle), it's obviously terrible wind, which then makes sense why when he poops he omits terrible botty burps (the embarrassed face is on Scrabble's behalf lol).

Poor kitty, I will make that my first port of call in the morning.. shouldn't need an appointment I'm sure they can just sell it to me at the vets?

Assume a wormer from the vets is better than anything I could get at Pets At Home????

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah5
Assume a wormer from the vets is better than anything I could get at Pets At Home????

Yes, most definitely and they should be able to give you something over the counter without him being seen if he is registered with them.

It might not be the cause of his runny tum as there are many causes but worming would certainly be the place I would start in this instance..do let us know how he gets on

Catsey Senior

12-08-2007, 10:07 PM   #7

Thank you so much Fran you have been so helpful, I will be at that vets at 9am tomorrow morning!!

Catsey Senior

12-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #8

sorry sorry sorry, final question (for tonight ).. I assume that kitten poops should be solid then?? Just so I know what I'm checking for!

Feel like a really bad owner for not getting this sorted sooner

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2007, 10:15 PM   #9

Hey, you are not a bad owner at all, a bad owner would not have posted this, given a damn or even noticed! Don't beat yourself up, you are trying to get this sorted out, that makes you a very good owner

Yes kitten poops (and adult) should be solid, formed, links...Diarrohea/loose motions is not normal in either cats or kittens hth

Catsey Senior

12-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #10

Thanks Fran, feel so stupid not realising my adult cat does solid poops, just assumed it was a kitten thing. Anyway I know now, thanks again for your help Fran x