Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-08-2007, 07:16 AM   #1

Thursday Daily Thread

Two days running I have started this... you lot are all far too snoozy in your beds

Not a lot happening here; am off to work for three hours this morning, and then I am going to see my dad in hospital. He has been moved to the local hospital near where my mum lives so it is easy to get to and there is parking as well!

Dont think I want to take the kids up there as I am sure they will be frowned upon, so might get my brother to have them for an hour whilst I go. Kids want to see their Grandad, but have to follow the rules..

Take care all and have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
02-08-2007, 07:28 AM   #2

Re: Thursday Daily Thread

Morning Donna,
Really hope your dad is alot better today donna.

Horrible nasty rain is back here this morning

Just got back from work so nothing much planned for today other than sleep sleep and more sleep ready to go back in tonight,all I ever seem to be doing lately is working the last 2 weeks I have done 60 hours....im soooooooo tired!!!

so Ill say good night and have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-08-2007, 08:05 AM   #3

Morning all, overcast here at the minute but dry. Not much planned for today. Going to B&Q with hubby after he has finished work to get materials to make shelves, ramps etc... in Morsey's pen.

Donna - hope you find your dad comfortable and stable x

Erin - You need to slow down. 60 hours is too many you will be exhausted. Hope you get a good rest today x

Hope everyone has a lovely day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #4

Morning. A dull quiet morning weather wise (and probably activity-wise too, if truth be told! ). It's amrket day, so I'll head off and get some Brixham fish for tonight and I think OH has to visit the post office so I strongly suspect that will mean coffee and home made scones as well.
Donna - good news about your Dad. I'd say the kids can wait a day or two - hospitals are not the greatest places for anyone, never mind young people. Perhaps they can get/make him a nice card with their own get well message on it.
Have a good day everyone.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-08-2007, 11:47 AM   #5

Morning folks, it's a horrible rainy day here and it has been falling heavy for the last four hours... Just had a peep at the forecast for next week and ............ heavy rain forecast Sun & Mon in Devon...

Donna
~ good to hear your Dad has been transferred to a hospital closer to your Mum ....... I hope you find him comfortable when you visit later....

Erin
~ try to ease up a bit or you'll be burning yourself out...

Have a good day everyone, hope there's sun in your area..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
02-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #6

Afternoon all. Its lovely and sunny here and where lucky not too have had any rain for about a week. The moniter on pc is still playing up and the tv in the bedroom has decided to break. Hope you all have a good rest of the day

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #7

Afternoon, all! We're having sun and lovely hot weather...can't help but enjoy it.. ...even though we do need rain very badly. Did my big weekly market run, not the little daily one to Whole Foods. Every other week I have home delivery for all the heavy stuff!
Donna: glad your Dad's at a place where you can see him; hope his recovery is as speedy as possible!
Erin: way too many hours, girl! You'll burn out.....
Mags: fingers crossed that the Devon forecast is wrong.....
Enjoy the rest of the day.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #8

Afternoon all! Donna, hope you find your dad improved when you visit xx

Got my new glasses today, rather like them! Robert had his eye test today and gets his new ones next week, however he has to have an extra test done as the optician wasn't happy with the results of his glaucoma test!!! Going to be very nervy next week! lovely sunshine here this afternoon after a drizzly start. Trying to get all of Raechels stuff ready for camp on saturday! 5 days of silence lol. Hope you all have a good evening!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
02-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #9

afternoon all
Turned into a lovely afternoon here Im sat in the garden at the moment watching the little rascals trying to kill flies
Im going to cut the hours down after next week (another long week next week)just took some over time because we are so short at the moment you wouldnt believe,there are people there who are working 06.45 - 2100 4/5 days a week at the mo

Hope you have all had a lovely day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #10

Afternoon all,

Been to see my dad and am very pleased that he is looking so well He is hoping to be home Saturday (they seem to chuck them out so quickly these days).

I have found out he had two arteries to his heart that had blocked and he has had tubes inserted up into the problem areas so that they wont collapse again. Know there is a technical term for the procedure, but cannot remember what it is!!!

He was treated very quickly from the 999 call to time in the ambulance to when he got to hospital so a good chance the heart can repair and recover without any problems.

A good day today.