Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
01-08-2007, 10:47 PM   #1

Do You Believe...

Do you believe in the supernatural? By this I mean in things such as spirits etc.

Today is the anniversary of my grandads passing, and I remember that day as clearly as if it were yesterday.

On the night of his passing, me and my dad stayed at my nan's house so that she wouldn't be on her own. She had a spare room with twin beds, so we were both talking away about my grandad and the wonderful things that he had done in the past.

I remember thinking to myself at that particular moment - I wonder where he is now, is he ok? At that exact moment, I had a wonderful feeling come over me. I suddenly felt really warm, almost as though somebody was giving me a huge cuddle. I didn't say anything at all to my dad, and about 30 seconds later he said to me "Can you feel him? He's here now, letting us know that everything is ok."

Ever since then I have believed in the supernatural to some extent. Normally I would have brushed it aside, but it was what my dad said at that moment which really made me think.

Just wanted to share this story with you and wondered what you all thought about things like this?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
01-08-2007, 10:58 PM   #2

Re: Do You Believe...

thats a really nice story

yes I do and sometimes I don't I torture myself with this question on a regular basis

Almost a Veteran Member

01-08-2007, 11:01 PM   #3

meant to add I have had several things happen and seen some things that makes me think yes there is - but then I think maybe its just wishful thinking - but then whats the harm if it gives you some hope and meaning to life? oh yes I've also had dreams come trues and have dreamt of news headlines as well - spooky

I guess none of us will ever know the truth until - you know we're not here any more

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-08-2007, 11:06 PM   #4

That's a lovely story and one that I can believe...

I've never had anything happen to me to make me believe or even just wonder about it....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
02-08-2007, 01:50 PM   #5

I've never had any experiences myself, but I like to believe that it's possible. I believe in the idea of a heaven of some sorts and an afterlife.

My sister says that she saw/felt my dead nana.

I like to think that the dead are keeping an eye on us, the ones that they left behind.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
02-08-2007, 02:09 PM   #6

That is such a nice story

I believe,not because something major has happened to me to make me believe but also because I just cant imagine all this energy dissapearing into nothing,it has to go somewhere,it could just be my faith that makes me think this as my faith we are firm believers in reincarnation so the spirit/soul has to go somewhere before it is reborn

Almost a Veteran Member

02-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #7

Erin what is your faith? Sorry to be so nosey I am fascinated by peoples religions and morals and things in life.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
02-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #8

My nan died 2 years ago at my mums house, she was slowly getting worse throughout the day and all of us had hardly had any sleep because we was sitting with her all the time, it was about midnight i was sitting in the kitchen and i couldnt keep my eyes open any longer, so i went to bed for a while, i was laying there facing towards the door and i see an image of my nan standing by the door dressed as she was the day i got married! then the next thing id gone to sleep and my mum walked through the door and said my nan had passed, i think she came to say goodbye.

I also live in a very old house and strange things happen all the time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-08-2007, 04:28 PM   #9

I believe in this sort of thing! There have been various happenings with family members who are not the type to make these things up, also my gran to this day says she can feel my granda ruffling her hair as he used to do every time he walked past her chair to go in to the kitchen!

Oh, and when my granda passed away from cancer! A week exactly he woke up n the bed that had been put in the living room for him, very ill at this point, and asked my gran what time it was, when she said 5.30 he settled back down and said 'my mum says she'll give me a shout at 6 o'clock', he died one week later at a few minutes past 6!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #10

Fascinating and a bit eerie stories! I've never had any sort of supernatural experience, am not exactly sure what I believe. I do think that a person's energy/soul may linger a bit before it goes......