Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
26-06-2007, 10:23 PM   #1

Been to Ryton Organic Gardens today!

As most of you know, I work in a High School and today I went on a school trip to Ryton Organic Gardens in Coventry. It was lovely, the gardens were amazing, and they showed you how to make organic compost and organic feed. Each garden was themed and set out beautifully. There was also a very nice shop and I bought some organic products. Well worth a visit! (I thought of you Kazz!)

For one week a year the timetable is suspended and our school has an 'Activity Week'. The pupils choose an activity to do for the whole week, there is quite a choice. Watersports in France, All creatures Great & Small (outings with an aminal theme, West Midlands Safari Park for example) Craft making, Sports, Skiing, etc. The trip today was from an activity called 'Newbridge Ground Force' - 9 pupils are transforming some overgrown land into a landscaped area, a mini woodland and pond! They hadn't got enough plants, so when we got back I phoned a couple of local garden centres and the local council, with my persuasive voice and tommorow we have some bedding plants, shrubs and 2 ton of bark being delivered for free!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-06-2007, 10:30 PM   #2

Re: Been to Ryton Organic Gardens today!

Wow, Kim, that sounds like a great school you work in.... what good ideas! And well done you for getting the bedding plants and mulch! I wish I could have seen that garden; sounds lovely...I buy organic whenever I can and use no pesticides in my garden!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #3

That sounds like a lovely trip Kim and very interesting I would think...

Well done you for being able to charm the Garden Centres!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
26-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #4

Thanks, Eileen & Mags. Yes, it is a good school - I have been there 11 years and very happy. My 2 went there and loved it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #5

Sounds like you had a great time Kim, the gardens sound lovely! And well done to you for getting help for your kids (want to try and phone my local garden suppliers and see if they will give me some free plants lol)