Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
27-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #1

Those with lots of kitties...

We are thinking about taking on another 2 male kittens(moggies-1 black and white, one black-can you see a pattern forming? ) and were wondering how this might effect the two we already have? my boys are 9 months old and due to be neutered soon but still act like crazy young things most of the time do you think they would accept new babies well? they are exceptionally good with all my small animals(as some of you saw on my picture thread lol) so im hoping they would be just as good, if not better with any newbies?

we would be keeping all four as indoor kitties, and again wondered if this would be a problem? we live in quite a specious 2 bed house at the mo and are even hoping to move to a 3 bed in the next couple of months. do you think this is enough space for them all?

the boys we might be taking belong to a lady on another forum i am part of-one is 2 weeks old and the other was only born yesterday so we have plenty of time to prepare and think about it but would love your input! i would adore more kitties but would never do anything to upset my babies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
27-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #2

Re: Those with lots of kitties...

Ive just had 2 new babies and already had Jerry who is just 12 months old,we had about 1 day of him growling and hissing but he loves them now
He had more of a problem with me than he did the babies

Catsey Senior

27-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #3

sounds like quite a cat! i know, im sure my two would be fine as they seem to love anything and anyone but i just worry so much and id hate to upset them. im sure they would soon be teaching any little uns all their bad ways and how they like to trick mommy and daddy though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
27-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBalways2000
sounds like quite a cat! i know, im sure my two would be fine as they seem to love anything and anyone but i just worry so much and id hate to upset them. im sure they would soon be teaching any little uns all their bad ways and how they like to trick mommy and daddy though
They may be a little off for a couple of days but they will soon come round,Jerry loves me again now and he wouldnt be without Milo and Tinkerbell.They are right little trouble makers the three of them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
27-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #5

I see no reason why they wouldn't get along fine, what sex are the babies you are thinking of having?

At the moment we have 10 cats and 3 dogs! (5 of them are kittens we've just had, 6 weeks and 4 weeks), but bear in mind I have invaded my fathers house with my lot (long story) so it's only really a short term fix. I have 3 cat and 3 dogs, and he has 2 cats and a kitten now! Our cats all stay indoors, only 2 are allowed outside but only one of them really spends a lot of time outdoors. We are in a 3 bed and the cats have run of the house so there is plenty of room for them.

All I can say is prepare yourself for the litter trays, they need doing twice as much, at the moment our are getting done every hour or 2 and cleaned out fully every morning. We are going through cat litter at such a speed at the moment!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
27-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #6

I would love to know as well as when I get my knew house I will be looking to add to my family!!

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
27-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #7

I think you should have 2 kittens a black one & a black & white one ......& as you are in B'ham, I think you should get them from me .... I have just what you are looking for.... & they'll be vaccinated / microchipped / wormed / frontlined!

Catsey Senior

27-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
I think you should have 2 kittens a black one & a black & white one ......& as you are in B'ham, I think you should get them from me .... I have just what you are looking for.... & they'll be vaccinated / microchipped / wormed / frontlined!
ok, now i must know more! tell tell tell!!

random it sounds fun in your house! and i dont need to worry about the litter trays because my OH takes care of all all that mucky business-i see to the cuddles instead

i dont know what litter your using but we got two 10lb bags of cats best 2 months ago(at £6 a bag) and we still have a bit left of it its fantastic stuff, so maybe worth looking into? im sure you can get a 40lb bag for about £20 online.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #9

I've had three at one time: after a bit of initial spitting and bushing it was peaceful; Misty mothered the male kitten; the other girl Patches mostly ignored him. They were indoors except for walks on harnesses,Your house sounds plenty big enough for four! Go for it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
27-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBalways2000
ok, now i must know more! tell tell tell!!

random it sounds fun in your house! and i dont need to worry about the litter trays because my OH takes care of all all that mucky business-i see to the cuddles instead

i dont know what litter your using but we got two 10lb bags of cats best 2 months ago(at £6 a bag) and we still have a bit left of it its fantastic stuff, so maybe worth looking into? im sure you can get a 40lb bag for about £20 online.
That's what I use! Lasts longer than any other litter i've tried, and I think i'd be hard pushed to find one I hadn't tried!

It's always fun here, always someone for a cuddle anyway! It will seem so quiet when the kittens go.