Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
16-05-2007, 03:27 AM   #1

Daily Thread/ Wednesday

I know its an early one but at 1.45am we found a leak in the wardrobe which of cause leaked on everything hears a list

All the clothes that where hung up
The cam corder
All my children toys that i got them for christmas
Laminater
The new tent is wet
The new airbeds
Video tape which can not be replaced
The daughter i lost baby clothes, and the only video of her as well

I had just come back after having a rare night out and was just about to go to bed and this happens. My parter mandy had some bad news early which she should have been told of ages ago as well so she has been upset anyway. The housing association sent a plumber out and he turned the water off in here and downstairs as well as we have there tank in the loft. The man said he would report it in the morning i also had to run through the villiage in my pjs to show him where to come. Ive took pictures to show them. Sorry i am ranting on a bit but i dont know where to laugh or cry. Oh my cats never are let out this late but guinness and kado have escaped so i cant even try to go to sleep till i get them in

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
16-05-2007, 08:18 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread/ Wednesday

Morning all,

I am sorry to hear what has happened I know its not alot but ((((((hugs)))))) to you all.

Its my day out today with my friend, back to work tomorrow, doesnt time fly...only seems like yesterday I was saying this last week.

Its sort of dull here but not raining x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #3

Oh Jane, so sorry to hear that, hopefully it will all get fixed asap and that you can get your precious items repaired. ((hugs)) from me too!

Grey and miserable here again. Not much planned, just not in the mood for doing anything!! Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #4

Oh Jane - what a happening! I am sorry for you. However - hopefully insurance will deal with the material goods and nothing can take away your memories, even if physical momentoes are damaged. Remember, pictures im your mind don't lose their colour - they improve over time.
It looks a slightly better day today - the ark plans may, like Kazz's, be put on hold.
Am off to find a sombre hair clip thing and some new white gold/platinum earrings, for the funeral. I have suitable ex-work clothes aplenty so won't be buying new, but I was thinking I'd get a light scarf/tie-ish thing, in a bright but pastel colour, maybe pale pinkish or greenish touches, to relieve the dark clothes and to add a sort of 'celebration of his life' touch. Does that sound Ok to you?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
16-05-2007, 09:35 AM   #5

Sorry to hear about your troubles Jane.

I've got a busy day planned at work.
Going to be late home.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-05-2007, 09:40 AM   #6

I think that sounds a lovely idea DM! You are saying goodbye but also remembering so many good times and a little touch of colour is appropriate I think!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #7

Jane - that's so horrible, possibly loosing things that mean so very much. I hope they dry out and are OK, especially the tape.

DM - I think the scarf sounds a lovely idea. Maybe a green one as pink might look too warm against a black suit.

I'm in the office. Weather is quite pleasant. Not much else to report really. OH has just not even mentioned my freak-out the other day. Maybe he's scared to broach the subject. So be it. Have started submitting pics of Dominik to some agencies, he could earn up to £200 a day if he get work - that'll boost his little bank balance a treat!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #8

Morning all, dry but overcast here. Nothing planned, keeping an eye on Porsha and kitten watching

Jane - I am so very sorry to hear about your flood I really hope you manage to salvage some items, especially the precious ones x

DM - I think that sounds very fitting

Hope you all have good day

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #9

Morning all, dry but very grey and overcast here and still a bit on the chilly side...

Jane
~ So sorry to hear of the water damage, I hope your precious things can be salvaged. I hope everything dries out ok.....

DM
~ I think the scarf idea would look lovely...

Yola
~ I hope Dominik pics are accepted by the agencies and he can start filling his piggy bank

Fran
~ Hope Porsha is recovering today and the kittens and Ria are well.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
16-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #10

Thanks everyone. They came this morning and it was something wrong with the downstairs fllat water tank witch is directley over the wardrobe. Its got to dry ut before they can do anything with the ceilling in in as well so all the dry clothes are piled up on the bed for now. I just asked a friend and they are going to look at the video to see if they can save it. Ive also written down all that was damanaged and i am going to take it in tommorow to make a claim for compensation. I cant believe i wrote the thread that early but like a said i didnt know wether to laugh or cry ive calmed down a bit now. Lets hope the rest of the day is better than it started.

Jane X