Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: dsh
28-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #1

cat at the rescue

theres this poor cat at the rescue where i help out. his head is tilted to one side & has a really strange meow. i was told by another volunteer that no one knows whats wrong with him
do any of you guys have any idea what could be wrong?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #2

Re: cat at the rescue

sorry tigs, not got a clue. Hope someone else can maybe point you in the right direction!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 Good 'ol Moggies =)
29-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #3

A few things spring to mind. Vestibular Syndrome which is a inner ear thing which leads to head being on one side, eye flicking and disorientation, pets are pretty poorly with this though, people commonly call it a 'stroke' although thats not what it is. Middle ear disease, could be anything from a deep routed infection to a perferated ear drum or foreign body. Polyps/tumours within the ear canal, middle ear, inner ear. I would suggest a trip to the vets and possible GA to investigate inside his ear and maybe a middle ear washout.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
30-04-2007, 11:57 AM   #4

I had a Kitten (Tequila) in Germany who had a stroke and ended up like that... she did however go on to live a full and healthy happy life despite this. but I would get it checked at the vet.