Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #1

Getting really annoyed now!

I've put an advert on freecycle the last two days for a dining table and 4 chairs that I'm trying to get rid of as I got given a smaller one from a friend which is better for me. I have had 2 replies. I offered it to the first, who then changed their mind, fair enough, so I offered it to the second. They phoned to ask about it and said they would be her in half an hour. That was over 2 hours ago. As there phone no was ex directory I sent them an email. Sorry, changed their mind, meant to phone back but forgot Really p'd me off that did! So the blasted table and chairs is still sitting there and no one wants it. Maybe time for a bonfire!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #2

Re: Getting really annoyed now!

Is there a charity such as Instant Neighbor or Shelter near you that may be able to use it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-04-2007, 09:56 PM   #3

Think I would be annoyed too Alex, maybe as Elaine says a charity would take them.

Catsey Veteran

25-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #4

There is, but I was trying to be nice and give it away to someone for free, whereas if I give to Chairs & Spares, they sell it on! I loved instant neighbour when I lived in aberdeen, they helped me out with safety rails and things like that when raechel was a baby. Just loaned things like that out to save people having to buy them, then we handed them back when they no longer needed them!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #5

We have something called Sofa Project here where they come round and collect any furniture you no longer need, do it up and sell it on very cheaply to people on benefits. A very worthy cause.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #6

Frustrating that they didn't at least phone to say they had changed their minds I agree, think I'd donate it to a charity

Catsey Veteran

25-04-2007, 10:04 PM   #7

That's the same as Chairs & Spares here Mags! I will be giving them a call in the morning. I only put it on freecycle first as I've had so much from there I was trying to return the favour. But no one wants it lol! The thing is it's a really solid table that extends to seat more people. The top is a bit scuffed, but nothing that couldn't be easily sorted! Just annoyed me the inconsideration of some folk!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-04-2007, 10:06 PM   #8

We have a charity barn here, they come and take it away, sell it and the proceeds go to Bosnia..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-04-2007, 11:40 PM   #9

People can be so inconsiderate....don't blame you for being annoyed!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
26-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #10

dont blame you for being annoyed...our project is called The Eden Project they collect and give it to ppl on benefits