Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-04-2007, 09:26 PM   #1

Alex are you in tomorrow?

Alex are you in tomorrow? Monday I have now got Mon off so I will be available to drop the plants off then, if you are in?

So far I have dug up for you

Some poppies,Pavaers. I think they are red, but could be the pink ones. Not next year but the year after you can divide these and off you go from one poppy you can get 4 or so if not more if you save the seeds.

A couple of Anemone's I will see if I can find a label for these.They are white with a yellow centre really dainty looking flowers but quite tough I've found. They are scented too.They go out about a foot or so and flowers reach about a 12/12 inches.

A couple of Geranimums, called Mrs J Bradshaw you have to work hard to kill these they go about 20" spread and the flowers shoot up about 2ft and are bright red. These love full sun but will do fine in partial shade.

A Bambino Blue. Like a compact form of Jacobs Ladder, small light blue flowers (in flower now so you can see) Very pretty - no idea how big it grows but not massive about a foot high I think and maybe that spread wise. I really can't remember

Erysimum - Bowles Mauve,As the name suggests it has purple flowers, likes sun, it flowers for months this does,mine start about now and go right through till Autumn,
They are about 2ft or so high and about 2ft spread too,you cut back in Spring to encourage new growth, I think its evergreen too ie does not loose its green leaves through winter.

Also dug up a Sedum, sure its red. This flowers late Summer/Autumn, really nice and attracts butterflies. You
can divide this too after a year or so.

Oh a lump of carnations too not sure of the colour yet but all mine are scented so will do well I divide mine too after a couple of years.

Oh and sea holly too they go up about 4-5ft high blue flowers attract butterflies and bees and flower for ages, I leave the seed heads then for the birds. And cut down in Early Spring. And up they come again.

Don't get your hopes up size wise but they will flower I promise. All of these are no sitting in four buckets of water
waiting to come to you luckily the Anemones, and some of the poppies are small I already divided them early in the year.

Oh and not forgetting the Acer, I will see what else I can see tomorrow before I come out.

Hope those are okay for you?

Catsey Veteran

22-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #2

Re: Alex are you in tomorrow?

Opps forgot the baby Sundance too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
22-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #3

I'm salivating at the thought of these Kazz lol! I'm in tomorrow except from 2 - 3.30. So it's up to you whether you want to come in the morning or after 3.30! I'm so excited now!

Catsey Veteran

22-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #4

I'll see how I go during the day if thats okay,

Catsey Veteran

22-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #5

that's fine by me. I'll pm you my mobile number so you can phone or send me a text to let me know when you are coming.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #6

They all sound lovely, you lucky girl Alex. My garden is all netles and weeds
Just looked out the window and it seems we are now growing toilets and basins and old doors out there too

Catsey Veteran

22-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #7

wow Elaine, exotic plants you have in Aberdeen these days lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #8

Overfertilizing will do that every time, Elaine!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-04-2007, 10:13 PM   #9

I am laughing now but I wont be when i am the one left to remove these items.

Catsey Veteran

22-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #10

You'll need a skip for your 'weeding'!