Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-03-2007, 10:10 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Saturday

Morning all, nice sunny day here. Not much happening today. Our local petshop have a Royal Canin weekend special today and tomorrow. representatives from Royal Canin will be there. So I might pop along to get some advice about their different products and see what freebies are on offer

Hope you all have a lovely day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
24-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Saturday

Morning all,

Not much to report here yet. Lily decided that she had to bring her kittens onto the bed with me at about 5am this morning, so I've been pretty much awake since then!!!

I'm having my hair cut and coloured today, but other than that not up to much.

Fran - Hope you're feeling better today.

Have a good day all.

Charlie
xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
24-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #3

hello all,
i slept really bad again,i was at work again last night and the girls i was on with just wouldnt be quiet for 5 mins!!!!ahhhhhhh those of you who work nights will know what i mean when i say you get to a point where you just need a bit of quiet time,well i didnt get any last night,it was the longest shift of my life and im back in tonight,great!
charlie i dint i could have slept with all those cute little kittens to look at.
any way hope you are all having a good day.
erin
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #4

Afternoon all! (very quiet on here so far today!) Not done much today, no doing much tonight, so all in all a very boring day, lol! Hope you are having a more exciting day than me!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
24-03-2007, 04:41 PM   #5

Well I haven't been having a good week at all

My best friend & flatmate lost her mum on Tuesday and it has been a really bad time for her as it has been less than a year since her brother died... she is only 20 and is finding it very hard to cope at the moment...

Sorry to be such a black spot on here.

I am so exhausted it has been so draining trying to comfort her and work at the same time I am so wottied about her its just too much for her to cope with at such a young age.

anyway hope everyone is doing ok and that you and yours remain healthy and happy

Blessings to everyone XX

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
24-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animagus
Well I haven't been having a good week at all

My best friend & flatmate lost her mum on Tuesday and it has been a really bad time for her as it has been less than a year since her brother died... she is only 20 and is finding it very hard to cope at the moment...

Sorry to be such a black spot on here.

I am so exhausted it has been so draining trying to comfort her and work at the same time I am so wottied about her its just too much for her to cope with at such a young age.

anyway hope everyone is doing ok and that you and yours remain healthy and happy

Blessings to everyone XX

im so sorry to hear this

Almost a Veteran Member

24-03-2007, 04:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrysmom
im so sorry to hear this
Thank you JM I just don't know what to do for her

xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
24-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #8

Quote:

xx
Just be there. It doesn't feel like much, but it really makes a difference. Feel free to vent here, you need someone to listen to your stress as well. Plenty of good listeners here, most of whom will know exactly where you're coming from.

We've had a nice sunny day, so washing all day here. : / Though I did manage to drag Rover out into the garden a few times. He's back to normal again, so I may have a good weekend if I remember to bring the wash off the lines before it rains. Damp Sunday if I don't... If I can get Better Half off his computer I could upload some cat-photos, but he look settled for the night.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #9

Quote:

xx
Just be there for her and let her talk. Make tea, look after her, do her washing - just keep her 'functioning' whilst her mind catches up with and learns to live with the new situation. Tell her she will feel better; it won't always be like this.

Almost a Veteran Member

24-03-2007, 05:13 PM   #10

Thank you everyone.... I am so glad I found Catsey everyone is so supportive to those who need it and it has been a struggle the past few days...

I will keep doing what you have suggested.

It's the funeral next week I am so dreading it as I will be meeting the rest of her family for the 1st time and not under the best of circumstances...

I feel so out of my depth even though I have had losses myself this is totally a different situation for me.

anyway Thanks again Blessings to you and yours