Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #1

Signs of Spring!

Yesterday we made 67F, the warmest since January 15th! And things are finally blooming: here are some daffodils and snowdrops with a lone crocus! It's great to see some flowers at last ........

[center]

[/center

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-03-2007, 10:08 PM   #2

Re: Signs of Spring!

How beautiful to see the Spring flowers blooming after all that snow you had not so long ago, Eileen... .......... lovely clear photos too!

Catsey Veteran

11-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #3

Thanks, Mags! I can't get over how good this inexpensive camera is!! many thanks to those who recommended it! Incidentally, all my posts (and yours here) are off by an hour...apparently the Catsey computer doesn't recognize that we changed to DST early...it's driving me mad!

Global Moderator

11-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #4

[quote=dandysmom;350718]Thanks, Mags! I can't get over how good this inexpensive camera is!! many thanks to those who recommended it! Incidentally, all my posts (and yours here) are off by an hour...apparently the Catsey computer doesn't recognize that we changed to DST early...it's driving me mad![/quote]

How strange .....have you tried clicking on Atlantic time (Canada) in your time options Eileen?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-03-2007, 10:19 PM   #5

Spring has sprung!! How lovely to see colour. There's still no sign of my daffodils and tulips developing buds, but when I spoke to my gardening neighbour he did say that as it's their first year I might not get any flowers! Boo hoo!

Global Moderator

11-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Spring has sprung!! How lovely to see colour. There's still no sign of my daffodils and tulips developing buds, but when I spoke to my gardening neighbour he did say that as it's their first year I might not get any flowers! Boo hoo!

You should get flowers Alex, all my bulbs were new this year and they all flowered......

Catsey Veteran

11-03-2007, 10:30 PM   #7

[quote=Mags;350725]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Thanks, Mags! I can't get over how good this inexpensive camera is!! many thanks to those who recommended it! Incidentally, all my posts (and yours here) are off by an hour...apparently the Catsey computer doesn't recognize that we changed to DST early...it's driving me mad![/quote]

How strange .....have you tried clicking on Atlantic time (Canada) in your time options Eileen?
Tried that, Mags, seemed the obvious alternative as it's-4 from GMT, but then the posts came out an hour ahead instead of an hour behind,,,??? Have a post in Forum Help; maybe Az will come up with a solution.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-03-2007, 10:30 PM   #8

Beautiful pictures DM.....I found a lady bird on a plant today, so it must be warming up here too..

Catsey Veteran

11-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Don't know where your neighbor got that idea, Alex, but it's wrong! When you plant the bulbs in the Fall the buds are already formed inside during the Summer and will bloom at the appropriate time come Spring. Usually the foliage comes up first, then the buds....do yours have leaves up? How high?

Global Moderator

11-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #10

[quote=dandysmom;350741]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Tried that, Mags, seemed the obvious alternative as it's-4 from GMT, but then the posts came out an hour ahead instead of an hour behind,,,??? Have a post in Forum Help; maybe Az will come up with a solution.....

I hope so Eileen