Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Thursday

Morning all, the sun is shining brightly here again this morning Not much planned for today. Have got Tom's Parents eveing at tea time. It's quite a hike to his school as it's at the other side of the City. He usually has glowing reports so I am looking forward to going.

Hope everyone has a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-03-2007, 09:44 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Thursday

Hi Fran. Lovely day here too - and forecast for the next 5 days. Time for some good allotmenteering!
First I have to go to town and get some fish at the market, then fill the jeep (I think it's safe to return to Tesco; I don't think my vehicle is sophisticated enough to have an exhaust sampler or engine management system anyway )
Hope everyone has sun today

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #3

What a glorious, sunny day today - I hope it's the same wherever you are

Nothing special planned here for today, hope to do some pottering in the garden this afternoon.

Fran ~ I hope you get a glowing report for Tom

Enjoy your day!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-03-2007, 03:05 PM   #4

It's lovely here too! I'm struggling with our database software at the moment, and it's ever so frustrating; I have come to the conclusion it's the software that's at fault and not me having a blonde moment (or 3)!!

Not really very much else going on here - will be picking Dominik up in just over an hour and am looking forward spending some time with him and Sebastian in the garden this afternoon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #5

Afternoon all! Just been messing about in the garden. How lovely it is to get my hands all dirty again! Weeded flower bed, turned the soil with my claw tool, potted my dahlias and planted my new rose bush!! Oh the joy of spring, hurrah!! My little rose bush only cost 99p from a local shop, so I'm looking forward to seeing it grow. OH has also cut out a new flower bed for me but his spade has been stolen from the garden at some point over the last few weeks, so I can't plant it yet! Off to craft club with the kids now! Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #6

What a beautiful day. It's even dried enough for me to (carefully) dig over a bit and tidy up the late strawberries I planted last year. Everything is shooting (including weeds!) and my wiggly co-workers are doing their stuff in the top layer.
Bit stiff now
Lemon sole for supper

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #7

Sun's out, it's above freezing and the snow is melting! Got out to the market & caught the early bus home in time to pop on here before lunch! Naughty Onyx didn't come yesterday in the snow; must have dined at her "other restaurant"! Wish it'd warm up enough that I too could get out and potter in the garden...but it's almost seed-starting time indoors...need to get some potting soil! Fran: congrats to Tom on his academic record!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
08-03-2007, 08:44 PM   #8

Good evening all,

Well today has been good fun....I started my New Job properly today I was dreading it really, but it went really well, everyone seems very friendly and good to work with!

I am on a late shift tomorrow, so not so much rushing around first thing.

Have a good evening all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-03-2007, 10:11 PM   #9

Sweet - I'm glad your job went well and that you are enjoying it

Eileen - glad the snow is melting! Spring is round the corner now

Parents evening went well, Tom has done exceptionally well and I was so very proud of him. His Geography teacher is devastated that Tom has chosen History over Geog to study for GCSE as he says he is brilliant and destined for great things His History teacher simply said, 'Well there is nothing I can say about this lad except that he is brilliant, a credit to you and you should be extremely proud of him'
and I am - Well done Tom, you are a good lad and deserve the recognition you got this evening

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #10

WELL DONE TOM!!!!!!