Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #1

Daily thread - Wednesday

Good morning. Another bright dry morning. Hurrah!
There is no news from the south - all is calm and peaceful and long may it reamain so.
Best wishes to all the poorly puss-cats and hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
07-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread - Wednesday

Morning all,

Its my last day at my job.

In my new job tomorrow, working Thurs. Fri. and Saturdays.

Its bright and sunny here again today and the little birdies are singing their little heads off again.

Have a lovely day all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-03-2007, 09:06 AM   #3

Morning all! Beautiful blue sky here, long may it last! Hoping to go and pick up a rabbit run later from a lady off of freecycle. What a brilliant thing that is. So far I've had a cat carrier, a high sleeper bed, angel hair curlers for Raechel and now the rabbit run. I've given away a pine bed, a pc scanner, a large bag of kids books and a large bag of Hayleys clothes. I'd thoroughly recommend joining to everyone! Had very good reports from both girls teachers last night at parents evening (phew). Hayleys reading level has gone up to 12.5 years of age and her spelling ability is now 10.5!! And she's not 7 for just over a month yet! raechels teacher is ver pleased with her and thinks that she should be able to get in to one of the top schools with ease (fingers crossed). So all in all, feeling in a good mood today (hope that lasts too)!! Have a good day all.

Julie - Enjoy your last day at work!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-03-2007, 09:10 AM   #4

Morning all, nice dry day here. Off to do the School run and the horses shortly and then to the bank.

Sweet - enjoy your last day in your old job

Hope everyone has a lovely day

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #5

Morning all, it's a bright sunny day here too, I hope it lasts the day

Nothing to report here, just a normal day.

Hope everyone and their kitties are well.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-03-2007, 11:58 AM   #6

Alex, that's just great about Hayley's reading and spelling skills . . . you must be SO proud of her!

Julie, have a good last day! Hope you get a lovely leaving present from your colleagues

Had to sleep most of the night in Dominik's bed with him last night as he was really out of sorts. He said he had a tummy ache and was feeling sick. Poor little mite. Something is really upsetting him and I don't know whether he is really feeling unwell or whether there is some kind of underlying psychological stress that is manifesting itself pysically. Either way, he's not a happy little boy

OH went for a rare night out for dinner with a friend so Luise and I shared a bottle of wine whilst watching Life on Mars. Poor girl was REALLY confused by the language . . . things like 'wake up and smell the cocoa' and 'He's got PTSD' . . . 'What??? First you try to blow him up and then you accuse him of having the clap'. How can you even begin to explain them?? She got fed up and went to bed 1/2 way through

Today? Not much on. Am in the office and will be cooking a prawn stirfry for dinner tonight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #7

Well done the Alex-progeny!
Hope you have a good last day (!) Julie
Yola - hope Dominik picks up. lol at your friend's mystification over 1973! I've not seen LOM for 3 weeks now - blooming BBC4 preview and football conspiring against me. Back on schedule next week I hope. I've been stuck with Tony Blair on a Tuesday - quite revealing.

It is the most beautiful spring day. Forecast for tomorrow is good, so I've scheduled that for an allotment day and have been doing 'stuff' at home this morning. Took my coffee outside - lovely. Then did a bit of fairly vigorous clearing out in the garden - tugging out dead stuff etc - comfortable in a sleeveless top!

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #8

Thank you, I'm very proud of Hayley and Raechel. They are going to try to integrate Hayley back into the normal classroom after Easter break from her nurture group, Hopefully she will manage to cope in a normal shool environment, and progress in leaps and bounds. I have a meeting in a few weeks with the school nurse, her teacher, learning mentor, nurture group leader and the child psychologist to see what the next steps are for her, adn whether she needs to go for further testing regarding autisitc spectrum disorder. But the way she has been coming along lately I'm hopeful for her future.

Collected the rabbit run, Minstrel is loving it!! Lovely day here too, and I'm contemplating going out in to the garden to do some weeding!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #9

Alex - I didn't realist Hayley had any kind of problem. Hopefully it was a mis-diagnosis and all will proceed as normal now. I do sometimes wonder if they are a bit quick to assign labels to kids . ..

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #10

She's not actually had a diagnosis of any kind yet Yola. They are very reluctant to label kids in this authority at all, even ones with very obvious needs! Hayley is a lovely child, but has absolutley no empathy for others, cant share, is very sensitive to change around her, can't handle new situations very well at all, doesn't make eye contact very often, throws severe temper tantrums over very minor things and can be disruptive in class. That is why she has been in the nurture group since September, it is to help her with social and emotional aspects of life. It has helped her tremendously, but she can't go into that once she goes into year 3 in September so this is why we are having all these meetings with various bodies, to try and get the support in place now that she will need. It is very difficult, but the school she attends has been tremendous with her.