Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
26-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #1

Health update.

I still haven't had my MRI. There was a messup with my referral, which got rejected for having an "invalid phonenumber", except then I checked and the phonenumber is perfectly valid - it was in fact the phone I was using to call and check at the time.

Things are getting steadily worse, so I have an appointment on Friday to start looking for painkillers that work. My old ones are no longer touching the pain unless I'm lying perfectly still in bed - not so useful when I have to walk 2 miles per day to make sure Random gets to school and back. Luckily a friend (mother of one of his classmates) has offered to take him in when I can't; may take her up on it sometime soon if things don't improve, but I'd rather not feel like I'm taking advantage of her goodwill.

So a month since the last update and nothing's gotten any better, but there you go.

Hippie gives me frequent massages to at least relax the surrounding muscle and thus reduce the musclecramps caused by the original pain, but in recent days this has stopped working properly. My right leg is, most of the time, in a perpetual, painful cramp especially in the thigh. I can feel how tense it is, but I can't actually relax it.

Still, nevermind eh? Hopefully in 3 weeks (at most, according to what I was told today) I should have the MRI and then we should know what's going on, which ought to go a long way in knowing what to do about it!

I'm not here a lot because I'm spending more and more time in bed where possible and my laptop's power supply is broken so I can't use it until we remember to buy a new one.

Thank you all very much for your support, I'm sorry my updates are few and far between and I'm working on changing that - if only the NHS would help!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #2

Re: Health update.

((hugs)) !! one of the things I find works for me is a microwave heat pack, very soothing, but you may already have tried that. Hope your appointment comes through very quickly xx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-02-2007, 07:08 PM   #3

Hello Snoof, it's good to hear from you again. I'm so sorry to read that your pain and discomfort has got a lot worse ... the sooner you have that MRI the sooner they will hopefully find a way of treating it for you.

Walking 2 miles a day to get Random to and from school isn't helping you at all so if a friend is kind enough to offer on your really bad days, take her up on it - you certainly won't be taking advantage ....

I hope things get sorted out for you soon ...... you take care - and thanks for taking the trouble to let us know how you are (((((hugs))))) xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #4

It's lovely to hear from you Snoof! I'm so sorry things are not good for you right now. I hope you get the MRI very soon. I agree with Mags, take the offers of help. Thank you for keeping us updated and hope to hear from you again very soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #5

Yes, good to see you back, and thanks for the update...hope the MRI will help...and I agree, let your friend help, it's not taking advantage!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
27-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #6

((((((hugs))))))

lovely to hear from you, I hope all this gets sorted soon, take up that kind offer x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
27-02-2007, 10:38 AM   #7

Good to hear from you Snoof.
Sorry to hear your health isn't so good.
Hopefully you will get things sorted soon.

Catsey Veteran

27-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #8

Thanks all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
27-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #9

Snoof I had missed you and I'm so sorry to hear that you are still in such pain and that you are really no further forward in terms of treatment or pain control. Please don't let yourself get pushed to the back of the queue.
I hope things improve soon (and it's nice to have you - and them kittens - back)

Catsey Veteran

27-02-2007, 01:10 PM   #10

Thankyou DM. My GP is now officially naffed off and has decided to ring the company who were supposed to do my MR scan (and who pretended that it was in fact the GP who dropped the ball).
I have requested that I be referred to Bolton Royal Infirmary if possible instead, as I have lost faith in the other company they appear to've been using for outsourcing (and according to my GP I was supposed to be referred to Bolton Royal to begin with).

I will see him on Friday and hopefully get some painkillers; in the meantime he is doing all he can to get me in for the MRI.

What a complicated situation! But we'll get there yet - Hippie won't let me give up so no worries