Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #1

Daily Thread - Saturday

I cannt beleive none of you have done this already and have left it to me
Have been up for a wee while now. Should really get a move on as we plan to start chucking things out to make room for "re-decorating" the living room. Its gonna be a busy day here once I finally get off my backside that is.
Eva is whining to get out into the sunshine and Bernie is tucked up in his basket having a lie in.
Hope you all have a lovely week end xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread - Saturday

Just a flying visit here today! I have my 2 good school friends coming up for lunch today - one from Wimbledon and the other from Droitwich . . . we're going to try the restaurant of Reading's only boutique hotel . . . I'm so looking forward to this, a rare chance to be me rather than Mummy or wifey

It's lovely and sunny and my spirits are high so off to glam myself up now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-02-2007, 12:18 PM   #3

Elaine - happy decorating!
Yola - have a great lunch; hope you really enjoy it.
It's a beautiful day here - wall to wall sunshine.

Walked into town for a mooch about. Got tuna, to be marinated in lime and coriander, for tonight. Bought the boys a rabbit (!). Look away if you're squeamish about the rabbit as a food item. It is a wild one, not a pretty fluffy pet. Butcher didn't have any fresh, so a frozen corpse is lying on the kitchen surface warming up and the cats are battering at the door! Hope it will be thawed by 4pm for their tea.
Carpet measuring man came yesterday and the sums he came up with were OK, so I shall soon be the proud possessor of a pale cream bedroom carpet. Hope I don't live to regret that - it is stain resistant, so errant early morning cups of coffee shouldn't be disastrous.
Oh dear - newsflash on the radio - it is H5N1 Bird Flu at the turkey farm. Not bootiful at all. Horrible for people like my sis with a few bantams in the garden .... they'll have to go indoors somehow.
6 Nations starts today - looking forward to that. Another of my OH's protoges (how the heck do you spell that? Two 'e's maybe? whatever) is reffing the Italy France match, so hope he has a good one. C'mon Wayne!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #4

Well been to work, done two interviews and now back home. May do nothing there again may do something - isn't it lovely to have the choice.

Karen

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #5

Afternoon all!

Just got home from a lovely few hours in Weston ..... the weather was absolutely gorgeous, the sea air was bracing, kiddies were playing on the sands, dogs were running as if they had never run before in their lives ......... and the tide was out (as usual!). I would have liked to have stayed longer but hubby wanted to get back for the rugby

I was amazed to see the amount of daffodils out in full bloom along the grass verges of the roads........... there were also a lot of baby lambs in the fields, poor little things, it was such a hard frost last night too

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
03-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #6

Afternoon all,

We have all been to the hairdressers, tip and walked back home from our local town - phew, gonna relax on here now with some holiday brochures and a cold drink.

Vincent is currently purring on my right shoulder which is making it hard to type when he sticks his bum up in the air lol.

Have a great day all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-02-2007, 04:16 PM   #7

Hello.
Been busy here as usual. Up early, to give the pens a good clean. My helper didn't make it again today...Took Solo to the cattery, took a couple of photos but they are rubbish. He seemed ok there. Then took Tomkins the B&W kitten to his new home as he's gone to Coventry & I was half way there in Birmingham. then I called the lady with Maisie (who called her Daisy) to say I could collect her to save her bringing her back, if you missed that in the other thread, she's the tortie & white kitten that went last Sat & the lady decided it wasn't the right decision to have a kitten. (She's been very sensible & gave me all her bits & bobs & even gave me another donation when I fetched her back which was very kind) then I got home & had lunch, then another lady came to see the tortie & white & has reserved her. then I had a call from a lady after an older cat, told her about Angel & Buster & she's coming to see them at 4.30pm. I was supposed to be bringing in a new one, but can't get hold of the people so I'll keep trying them. The girls have gone to their friends house for lunch, then they are bringing their friend home later for a sleepover!
not walked the dog yet at all today!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #8

What a busy day Smudgley!!

Take five, put the kettle on and get those feet up!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-02-2007, 07:13 PM   #9

Evening all. Went to the cat show at Bingley Hall today. Lovely to meet up with Fran again and I got to hold the oh so lovely Mildred!!! Really, really had to fight hard to resist the temptation to put her in my pocket and run, lol!! I'll let Fran tell you how she got on when she gets back. My friend was there with her black exotic and she got a couple of thirds in the side classes, so was a bit disappointed. My two girls loved it though, and we got a few treats for the kitties. Bought 1 tin of a food called almo nature for Teddie to try. It is 75% fish, 24% cooking water and 1% rice, so fingers crossed that she'll be able to tolerate it. If she does there is a supplier about 15 miles from me where I could buy it, so here's hoping.

Smudgley, how did the visit for Angel & Buster go??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-02-2007, 09:54 PM   #10

Yola: hope you enjoyed the lunch; Smudgley: did the tortie and white get taken? Alex: how could you resist smuggling Mildred away?! Glad you enjoyed the show. Quiet sunny and cold day; only 33F, with lows in the teens tonight! Onyx here for both meals, looking sleek and well-fed. Have decided not to do the blanket thing, although it's a great idea, because I'm concerned that she might have fleas! I can pet her now, but don't think she's react well to me trying to flea-comb her. I haven't had fleas in ages, and never want to go thru that again! Had such a bad infestation that they'd jump up on your legs when you walked in the house..... Have a nice evening, all!