Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
03-02-2007, 02:11 AM   #1

My Purr babies

These are my babies.

Mocha is 7-8 year old brown tabby. I found Mocha, heavy with kittens, wandering lost outside my dorm room my freshman year in college. I brought her upstairs and several days later she gave birth to four kittens in my closet. I found homes for all the babies and kept momma. I named her Mocha, because I had gone downstairs that night, looking for a sweet treat, and came back with a cat. She is the sweetest cat I have ever had. She always has to be in someones lap. She has the prettiest green eyes you've ever seen too.

This is Kobie. He is also somewhere between 6-8 years old. I was driving to work one morning and saw this cat get hit by a car. I stopped and picked him and took him to work with me (I worked for a vet). He was such a charmer, I didn't hesitate to pay for the surgery to fix his broken leg and pelvis. He has turned out to be the most expensive pet I've ever owned. Disaster seems to follow him wherever he goes. But he is my little lover, and I wouldn't trade him for the world! His main problem is he is always trying to get outside, and he will go to great lengths to get out! I don't want him outside because bad things happen to outdoor cats (I'm mean he has already been hit by a car once, lets not tempt fate) Any advice on deturing this behavior is greatly appreciated.

This is Thurston. He is technically my brothers cat, but we live together so he is part of the herd. Thurston came from a rescue group. He had been surrendered after his owners stepped on him, broke his leg, then didn't want to pay to fix it. He is about Three now and HUGE. This is the biggest cat I have ever seen. He's not fat, just BIG and he has a big personality to match. He can be a snuggle bug when he wants to be, but mostly he's a terror. Very handsome though. And my brother thinks he can do no wrong, so, he gets away with murder.

My "herd" was reduced by two this past year. I lost Tyler in January 2006 to Lymphoma. He was only five years old. I miss him very much.

I lost my 20 year old cat Puzzles the day after Christmas this year. Puzzles was a birthday present from my parents on my fifth birthday. She raised me, and I miss her very much. The pain of her loss is still fresh.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-02-2007, 03:02 AM   #2

Re: My Purr babies

What beautiful cats, Rachael! Mocha's eyes were closed in her pic; I'm partial to green eyes, my late Misty who passed away at 19 1/2 had emerald green ones! What does your brother's cat weigh? My present cat, the one in the Welcome pic is a 14 pounder...not fat, just a big long tall cat ! And spoiled rotten, of course! Looking forward to more pics and chat!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
03-02-2007, 03:16 AM   #3

Mocha's eyes!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #4

What beautiful cats you have Rachael!!! I have a similar problem with my cats as you do with yours. Broxi tries to bolt for the outside as soon as a door is opened (and mine are all indoor too) and Cooper is turning into a bit of a bully! With Broxi it's just a case of we have to be wary whenever opening a door. I don't understand why he does it as he has never been allowed outside. Cooper is only 6 months old but is huge already, he shoves the other out of the way of the food bowls and torments my littlest kittie Teddie!! We had him fixed a few days ago so hopefully a lot of this aggressiveness will disappear over the next few weeks. Are your cats fixed??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #5

Thank you for the introduction to your wonderful cats! Each has their own, sad story and you are a complete star for taking them on and giving them love and a home.

No real advice about keeping your cat in. Mine are all indoor cats (apart from occasional access to the garden). And thankfully I don't have any real problems with them trying to escape (lazy persians you see LOL )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-02-2007, 12:04 PM   #6

Lovely pictures of your lovely babies. Thurston is my favourite, as he reminds me of my late Sissons.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
03-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #7

What gorgeous cats Rachael and what sad, but lovely stories. They are lucky to have all found you!!

I have 5 cats who are mainly indoor cats. They do have access to the garden tho, which I have had cat-proofed so they cannot get out, and have actually never tried. Do you have a garden you could cat-proof? Maybe that would be the answer for you?

Look forward to chatting more soon!

Charlie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
03-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #8

They are all beauties, sorry to read that you have lost 2 - ((((((hugs)))))) x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #9

You have gorgeous cats Rachael and what a star you've been to take them in like that after their very sad early start in life.....

I can't offer you any advice on keeping your cat in as my cat, Cassie has access to the outside with her catflap......