Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
12-01-2007, 12:14 AM   #1

Anyone dieting?

I started my diet for real last Sunday. (after a couple of half hearted attempts the week before )
I have been really good this week & hope I can continue to be. i've got to the stage where I'm getting used to eating fruit & not craving chocolate all the time & I will snack on celery if I need to.
Anyone else on a New Year diet? Hows it going?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-01-2007, 12:23 AM   #2

Re: Anyone dieting?

Not yet for me ....... I still have some choccies to get through!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-01-2007, 12:27 AM   #3

Good luck Smudgley!! I could certainly do with dieting but I like my glass of red wine to much I have really clapped weight on since we retired the horse and I stopped riding but I have never really had to diet beofre and the thought terrifies me I don't like celery

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-01-2007, 12:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Good luck Smudgley!! I could certainly do with dieting but I like my glass of red wine to much I have really clapped weight on since we retired the horse and I stopped riding but I have never really had to diet beofre and the thought terrifies me I don't like celery
You could share Bootsey's carrots Fran!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-01-2007, 12:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
You could share Bootsey's carrots Fran!
I certainly could, not sure he would be happy about that though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
12-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #6

Yep, me as you know! I'm doing quite well I think. Typical dinners this week have included pasta and veggie medley, covered in grated cheese. Jacket potato with beans and cheese with a large side salad and low fat dressing. Grilled chicken breasts with large salad and boiled potatoes, and tonight will be egg fried rice with achicken curry. All of these are done with slimming world recipes. I also made a large pot of vegetable broth and another of carrot soup, and have been snacking on my lentil and cheese wedges I made. I absolutely love those and can eat as many as I like. If anyone wants the recipe, just ask! And of course loads of fruit. But I have allowed myself a few slices of shortbread during the week so as not to cut myself off completely from treats, otherwise you just go mad, lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
12-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #7

I'm not calling it a "diet" but I've been trying to be healthy. I've been eating salad and soup for lunch at work each day, cereal for breakfast and trying to have a healthy dinner each night too. Apart from tonight when I'm going for pizza with my dad!!!!! Have to take it slow though!!! lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-01-2007, 01:38 PM   #8

and remember ladies, if you adjust your lifestyle (eat a little less/exercise a little more/or both) so that you're losing just a quarter of a pound a week (4 ounces, you couldn't even measure it on your scales, so don't bother jumping on them) then, at this time next year, you will be 13lbs lighter - 4 more weeks and that will be a stone lighter. Without pain, without yo-yo-ing and hopefully without getting the pinched, on-a-diet face.
Good luck.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
12-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #9

Fran, I wouldn't have thought you would need to lose weight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
12-01-2007, 03:03 PM   #10

You won't believe this

We always have a meeting at work on a Friday & sometimes we have bacon butties just before we start. Today was a long meeting & at 11am someone suggested having a break & a butty. So whilst the other 6 people scoffed their huge rolls filled with bacon, sausage, egg, mushrooms & whatever else they had, I sat patiently with my cup of coffee.