Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
01-01-2007, 07:18 AM   #1

Daily Thread - New Years Day

OKay not a great start to the New Year. Was having a lovely sleep when everyoen started to set of fireworks at midnight. Wouldn't have minded so much if they only lasted 5-10 mins but they went on for an hour Was about to get out of bed, go to my neighbours and shove the rockets where the sun don;t shine Surely there's a quieter way of brining in the New Year

Eventually went back to sleep only to be awoken by a leaking tap Got no washers here to repair it and I don't think any DIY stores are open today My mum & dad are coming up later so I'll phone and find out if they have any spare washers and to bring them up with them. Oh this is going to be a fun day

Weather is blowing a gale but it's not raining yet. Tilly's gone back to bed and Timmy's about somewhere

Hope everyone has a better day than me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread - New Years Day

Morning!

Mine started wonderfully with my OH rushing to sit up, at 5.45, so he could have a good deep cough. He has developed a really nasty productive cough ... serves him right for going to Portugal before xmas!
We didn't make it to midnight, so the new year arrived unseen by us
Have a good day; have a good year

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #3

Good morning ! Welcome to 2007

The year has started with lovely sunshine here and not a cloud to be seen

Stayed up last night and saw the new year in on TV ........ what a marvellous firework display in London, I would say it equally matched some of the others displays shown around the world.

Taking things easy this morning then going to our daughter's this afternoon for a buffet.......... and no doubt playing with the new Christmas toys there!

Enjoy the start of the year everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-01-2007, 11:23 AM   #4

Saw the New Year in here. Having a nice dayno rain but according to the weather forcast the rain is coming again.

Naomi DIY stores are open or at least BQ is 10-5 I think, good luck.

Everyone travelling have a safe journey, turkey will be done about 1 so off to take the girls out shortly well Sal anyhow nice off lead run Tess in season so on lead walk for her.

Have a good day Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
01-01-2007, 11:33 AM   #5

Morning all

Lovely bright and sunny day but such a cold strong wind!! All my stuff has blown around the garden - oh well - will leave that till Spring!!

Bit of tidying up then sister and her four children are coming over and cooking me and my children dinner!! Nothing else planned.

Back to work for me tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
01-01-2007, 11:36 AM   #6

Happy New Year Everyone.
Saw in the year with Derek and Ceilidh, very quiet but nice. Derek was on an early today so we went to bed about 1ish. Kept getting dunted as I was snoreing! Woke up to a sore throte and ears .
Bright and sunny here this morning, doesnt look like it will hold though.
Queit day instore for me I think. Hope everyone else is feeling fighting fit!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
01-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #7

Morning all. We all made it to midnight and watched that fantastic firework display on tv. Spectacular. My mum phoned me 10 mins after the bells and she wasn't sure if it was 2007 or not yet as they had a power cut at 11pm and were sitting in darkness!! No idea if it's back on or not yet as I don't want to phone and wake them up if they are still asleep. Quiet day planned, having chicken pie for tea. Hope everyone has a pleasant start to 2007. Happy New Year!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
01-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #8

Happy New Year all. Awoke to find my internet has completley gone from the PC upstairs and i can't seem to repair itSaid to contact service provider but NTL is closed..something about IP address.
Anyway..just waiting for certain lazy springers too arise from their slumber and then we shall be off for the mornings walk..its actually sunny here today and quite mild..the cats have gone out so it can't be too bad!
Visitors coming up from your way DM, down in Dorset, for the day although it seems a blooming long way to travel for a day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
01-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #9

Thanks Kazz am off to B& Q see you later unless I manage to flood the kitchen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
01-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #10

Morning all and a very Happy 2007!!
Gorgeous sunny day here Stayed up very late last night. Hubby and I played electronic monopoly and Payday with the children and we all brought the New Year in with party poppers and a few drinks Didn't go to bed until about 2ish.

Not much planned for today, feeling the worse for last night's drink Hope you all have a lovely New Year's day