Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #1

Daily Thread - Boxing Day

Morning all, nice dry day here at the minute. Just waiting for hubby to get back from going to the horses and then we are off to B&Q as hubby is thinking of putting a new kitchen in and there is a sale on. Going to have a look at their ranges/prices. Also got to call at the golf shop as some of the golf clothes hubby got for Christmas are not quite big enough.

Hope you all have a lovely day, whatever you are doing today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
26-12-2006, 05:22 PM   #2

Re: Daily Thread - Boxing Day

We went for a walk along Clevedon brrrrrr it was cold but good to get out.

Have a nice evening all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
26-12-2006, 06:55 PM   #3

Went to my inlaws again this morning. Went for a walk along the cycle track with them and their dog.

There's still very thick fog hanging about here but it's really very mild.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
26-12-2006, 08:07 PM   #4

Evening all! Has been a nice quiet day..i spent most of it curled up on the sofa, by the fire, with various smelly furry beasts lying on me watching dvd's and eating chocolate-what a way to spend a boxing day!
Some of the aunts & mother went out for the day-lunch at a country pub thing etc, so got to have the day too myself..was superb.
Just finished tucking into a bit of beef wellington and mashed pots swimming in gravy, was quite delicious.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
26-12-2006, 08:14 PM   #5

Hello all.
Went to see off the hunt this morning, had a nice walk through the hall grounds afterwards with the dogs. Cooked dinner and then watched the Horse racing from kempton (King George chase) Not done much this afternoon. Enjoy yourself.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
26-12-2006, 08:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Hello all.
Went to see off the hunt this morning, had a nice walk through the hall grounds afterwards with the dogs. Cooked dinner and then watched the Horse racing from kempton (King George chase) Not done much this afternoon. Enjoy yourself.
Dawn.
Did you get any pictures of the hounds Dawn? If so would love too see them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #7

I went to work

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
26-12-2006, 09:29 PM   #8

No Hound pics Luke, to be honest I was a little dissappointed with this particular hunt, it wasnt our usual one, I had to go elsewhere afterwards and this one (Meynall and south staffs) was in that direction. No speeches, the Hounds didnt mingle, they just bought them out and went!!! Steve got a few pics, if there are any good ones Ill post them, I was hoping to get some good shots for the discover dogs stand I am doing at cruft, but Ill probably have to rely on others now!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-12-2006, 09:35 PM   #9

Well - that's the madness over with for another year! BOth Mums, and both older kids and grandchild have all gone home and my 2 littlies are in bed. We went to the Pot Kiln for lunch (owned by Mike Robinson - aparently he's a TV chef or something . . . ??). It was excellent and Mike was a really sweet and self-effacing chap and nothing like I expected from a TV chef .

To be honest,the festivities have been a bit of a mixed affair with some fun but also some tension and friction.

Next year we are planning to go away - maybe a child-friendly country house hotel in the Yorkshire Dales, Cumbria or the Peak District so we can just spend some time as a foursome.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-12-2006, 09:45 PM   #10

We don't have Boxing Day here, so it was just another day...sort of flat after the Holiday: all those weeks of sending cards, shopping, wrapping, decorating, and ...poof! All over! Back to regular routine: to the market, got all the wrappings and boxes from yesterday out to the bins (left it over night for Leia, and the pile was a mess this morning; she's been playing in it during the night apparently!) Onyx came for both meals and let me pet her very briefly!! Woo-hoo! Drizzly and only 49F; good day to stay in and relax!