Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
23-12-2006, 08:28 PM   #1

im back.. again!

hey guys,
well its been a while since i posted on here.
As some of u know i bought a siamese kitten in april who died after a week of owning him, consequently i havent been on here at all since then.
However, the quest for another kitten has begun. After much deliberation, we have decided to start looking again.
We have decided to go for a bengal this time as i feel owning another siamese may be too hard.
Plus a bengal will hold its own with indie! ha.

anyway,
if anyone knows of any good bengal breeders near to the south east of england (london,surrey, hampshire) kinda way, please let me know.

Ive been searching for ages without much luck.

I may have found a nice kitten, however he's already been offered to someone else, so waiting to see if she wants him! so fingers crossed.

otherwise im back to step one.
Im looking for a snow boy.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-12-2006, 08:38 PM   #2

Re: im back.. again!

Hi Jenny, good to see you back!

I'm pleased to hear you've decided to get another kitten again ........... it does take a while to come to terms with your loss (Tao, if I remember correctly?) . I hope it won't be long before you get your little boy Bengal then you can get back to happier times here on Catsey.

Please keep us updated in your kitten hunt

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #3

Hello Jen,

Nice to see you back hope Indie is well, and you've settled into the new house now.

I don't know much if anything about Bengal's - I suppose trying to tempt you to offer a home to an extraordinary breed of cat, that when chosen carefuly will be more than capable of holding their own with Indie, in fact they are so unique that no one can predict what spectacular colours will be seen in any litter - and their characters are unparralled in the feline world; the breed is one you may of heard of "the rescue moggie"

Happy Christmas Jen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #4

Hi, Jen, sorry about your loss, but good that you're back! Good luck in finding a kitten, Bengals are lovely. Az, our administrator has a gorgeous girl called Cheetah! I hope you can find one, but if not, there asre lovely moggies out there needing a loving home! Merry Christmas!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-12-2006, 12:18 AM   #5

Hi Jen, lovely to see you back here I know of a breeder in Wales who may have some Bengal kittens, not sure if that is too far for you? If you would like the breeder's phone number pm me and I'll give it to you. Hope we will see more of you and can't wait to see your Bengal baby when you get him

Just to add....please consider the needs of your dog. My Siamese/Orientals can hold their own and indeed are very much the boss where my dogs are concerned, even my 14 week old Oriental kitten has the upper hand over the dogs!! I doubt that a Bengal will be any better than a Siamese where a very dominant dog is concerned.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
27-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #6

Hi Jenny - nice to see you back! Dinah says Hi to Indie.
There are a lot of bengals in rescue (there is a rescue organiser on here .... look in the member list; it starts bengal...) - perhaps that may be an idea, especially if they would let you do a trial, to check it went well with the two animals.
(Alternatively you may want to research why there are so many pedigrees in rescue and what it is about them that makes people give them up? I believe they can be difficult, but that is only hearsay - I have no direct experience)
I've become mum to 2 (moggie) kittens this year - that has gone fine with Dinah; she loves them and they boss her.
Good luck

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
27-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #7

Hi Jenny
glad your back, nice to see you. Once I move into my new house I'm going for a snow. Great taste bye the way. hehe There was a breeder on Catsey advertising not that long ago and had some stunning snow's. It was too far for me but it was down south. Possibly ask Az he would know who it was.
Good luck and let us know how your quest goes.
Jac xx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
28-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #8

http://www.bengalcatrescue.org.uk/

Hope these people can help. I don't about any particular breeders on there but it was where I was looking because I was thinking of possibley having a bengal.

Best of luck

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
28-12-2006, 11:42 AM   #9

The only thing with them is they dont re home to people with kids or dogs

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
28-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #10

Ahh I didn't see that bit.
What about the kitten list