Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-12-2006, 07:52 PM   #1

Another 'stray' cat

Do I have a neon sign outside my house somewhere that says, CAT HOTEL!

For the last four days I have had another poor kitty camping out in my back garden and this one shows no signs of leaving. She's a ginger and white and is absolutley gorgeous. When she finally comes to you she purrs like mad, which is making me think that she either has or has had a home recently. But she will not leave my garden and for the past 3 nights has cried outside my back door all night long, begging to be let in. I also find her under my car when I go outside as well. I've phoned up my local vets to see if anyone has reported her missing and also checked the paper and local shops but no joy! What do I do for her? As you will see by the following photo, she jumps up onto my kitchen window sill and watches my 3 eating and playing and makes me feel very guilty! This morning she scared the life out of me. It was pitch black when I went in to feed the cats their breakfast and I heard this thud against the window, and there she was, peering in and yowling. Any other ideas on what I can do with her?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #2

Re: Another 'stray' cat

I know this sounds silly but how long have you lived there???? you don't think she belonged to the last people whio lived in the house do you? and has made her way back to where she considers home???? may be worth checking if you've moved in within the last year or so.

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #3

We moved here a year ago yesterday actually Kazz, lol, but from the looks of her I dont think she would be much over that, and I don't think that the people who got evicted from this house were really cat people, unless they were lions or tigers or something!! More along the lines of rottweiler fans methinks. I've asked a few neighbours but none of them recognise the description of any cats around here.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #4

That's a good thought Kazz .........maybe the neighbours will recognise her Alex....

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2006, 08:03 PM   #5

If she is that friendly get a cheap ealstic safety collar and put it on her with a note/tag with your phone number maybe (mobile) and then when she goes home which she may well have a nice one they will ring you and you can suss it out.

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2006, 08:05 PM   #6

She could just be overly friendly not having a reason to be nervous of people. Bet she's got a nice home somewhere she does not look like a "stray"

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2006, 08:05 PM   #7

Will do that tomorrow Kazz, forgot about that method. Only problem will be getting her to actually leave my garden. I'm not joking when I say she hasn't left in 4 days.

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #8

I didn't think she looked like a stray either but she is filthy!

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #9

Maybe her people have gone away or changed routine and she's objecting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
14-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #10

Perhaps a little trip to the vets to see if she is microchipped??