Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
11-12-2006, 07:47 PM   #1

Livingroom accessories

Okay need some help guy's...again.

As you know I'm currently redecorating my livingroom. It is Magnolia with my 3 piece suite being blue/gold. The cushions are cream and my curtains are going to be lilac and gold. I am now after some accessories. I have a solid pine coffee table and an open fireplace (currently not in use) I was looking at possibly getting floor lamps but not sure what to get. Are the uplighter ones any good cos i really fancy these from Argos.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...oductId=573078

I also want something to go in the fireplace to make it a feature until I can sort out a wood burning stove. Bear in mind I have 2 kids, a maniac dog and nutty cats I did think of a large vase with reeds in it but I know they won't last 5 mins in this house

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #2

Re: Livingroom accessories

I have uplighters Nae in my living room and they are really good, make sure you get ones with a variable switch (dimmer)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-12-2006, 08:31 PM   #3

Can't comment on the uplighters as I've never had any. But, the fireplace isa great place for:

1. An assortment of candles
2. a basket with ornaments in it; for instance, ceramic balls, wooden balls, fake fruit etc
3. cobbles with some larger, feature stones
4. Vase with large decorative items in. You can weigh the vase down with pebbles - these can be visible if the vase is glass or you can have wooden vase or something similar which is not breakable!

look foward to seeing the results

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #4

We have candles and pebbles in our feature fireplace in the dining room. We have a sort of uplighter in the living room but it doesn't have a shade, it has several small halogen bulbs in it and like Emma says it does have a variable dimmer switch. Looking forward to seeing your 'after' piccies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
11-12-2006, 11:46 PM   #5

Will be lovely to see pics once its finished x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
12-12-2006, 08:42 AM   #6

It's gonna be a while as I've fallen behind with the ceiling works cos Timmy's been unwell but hopefully I'll get back on track as of tomorrow