Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-11-2006, 12:34 AM   #1

Christmas decorations

Its started not sure whats in the water round here but come home from work to find a house over the way and the maisonettes have their Christmas decorations up On house by Sainsbury's has theirs up too. I feel like knocking their doors and pointing out its still Nov

Mine may go up outside sometime in the week of the 11th depends what day off I've got but inside about the 17th (has to be before the 18th, as my Mom's Dad died while they were putting the decorations up on the 18th so become a bit of a no no) they come down before the new year as Christmas is part of the old year not the new.

So when do yours go up?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-11-2006, 12:35 AM   #2

Re: Christmas decorations

Normally just before Christmas, and they come down New Years day...

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
29-11-2006, 12:40 AM   #3

I'm not sure if I am going to put them up this year - trying to get re-decorated but if I were going to it would be about a week to a couple of weeks before Christmas and down again a couple of days after Christmas - I hate going into the new year with them still up.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-11-2006, 12:41 AM   #4

We put ours up about two weeks before but that is because the children pester us to!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
29-11-2006, 12:43 AM   #5

Put mine up as late as possible and take them down as quickly as I can!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-11-2006, 03:14 AM   #6

Only outdoor decoration I do is the wreath on the front door; that goes up usually by the 10th. Indoors I normally decorate on the 18th or so; come down directly after New Years. I don't like rushing the Season.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #7

Mine go up and come down when I get round to it Was thinking of putting the tree up later this year and bringing it down sooner as I think there will be fun and games in our house this year with two crazy kittens and a labrador puppy!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
29-11-2006, 09:06 AM   #8

LOL Fran, I know that feeling.....I have promised my children I will put them up early this year, in recent years they have gone up late.

I have bought shatterproof balls of the tree - so hope they work LOL, my nice ones will be staying in strorage this year LOL.

Last year I only had Violet who spent the whole time up and down the tree, this year I have 6 wonder what will happen - any guesses LOL x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-11-2006, 09:44 AM   #9

Not big on decorations . . . just a wreath on the front door and a tree. I used to do it the weekend before Christmas, but I suspect because of Dominik's infectious enthusiasm it'll be about 2 weeks before Christmas this year. I have to admit, I'm REALLY looking forward to it this year

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
29-11-2006, 10:10 AM   #10

I love Christmas.
We usually put the tree & outdoor lights up on Dec 1st. The kids think it's great.
however this year I have no enthusiasm whatsoever. I'm busy with work, doing more cat stuff & still not straight at home (still waiting for carpenter to finish off ) so I can see our tree will be lucky to even make an appearance this year..
I haven't even bought an advent calender yet.