Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-11-2006, 10:08 AM   #1

Daily thread - Sunday

Good morning! Lovely bright and crisp morning, after a frosty night. Glad to say I slept well last night. Still have the mark on my face from Mini clawing me the previous night - talk about biting the hand that feeds you. I didn't notice till I went to bed last night that there is a big blood stain on my pillow!
We're having chicken today - doesn't sound very earth-shattering but it'll be the first time I've eaten poultry (other than the odd pheasant at xmas time) for, um, quick calculation, 18 years! I was a non meat-eater for many years, then I reintroduced organic gras fed beef and lamb, plus venison, a couple of years ago, but haven't fancied chicken, given the way it's produced and processed. However, bought a free-range big healthy looking chicken at the butcher yesterday, so am hoping I don't -pardon me - chicken out at the last minute.
Have a good Sunday; Moli - have a great birthday!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-11-2006, 10:45 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread - Sunday

Good morning everyone, the day has started beautiful here .......... sunny, crisp and clear blue sky. The clothes line is certainly beckoning the washing today!!

DM ~ I hope you enjoy your lovely free range chicken today Just out of interest, what do you eat on Christmas Day?

Moli
~ I hope you have a great birthday!!

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
19-11-2006, 10:45 AM   #3

Morning DM, morning all. Dry but crisp day here. Supposed to be having a new central heating boiler put in today along with a new radiator and a heated towel rail in the bathroom. Workmen were due at 9am but are still not here

Hope you all have a lovely day

Moli - Have a lovely birthday

DM - Enjoy your chicken. There will be no stopping you after today, it will be chicken this and chicken that from here-on-in

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
19-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #4

Morning everybody

Well I am off to pick up my Gran and then we are off to my Auties for lunch. OH isn't joining us as he is unwell I just hope my Gran doesn't want to take her dog with her as she doesn't control the dog very well in the car and there will only be me and her in the car, what fun!!

Moli - Many happy returns

DM - enjoy the chicken I bet is taste wonderful.

Have a great day everybody

Catsey Veteran

19-11-2006, 11:24 AM   #5

Never has a single choock caused so much interest! . If I'm making a 'chicken' recipe (in mushroom sauce, with mustard, curry, mock-coc au vin, etc) I'll use Quorn. Don't know if you've come across it; it's a myco-protein ( ) and you can get it in the chill cabinet or frozen, in fillet shape or pieces. It's a pretty good copy of chicken and I'd prefer it to 'plastic' chicken, killed at six weeks old and without taste.
I've had that with all the other trimmings for xmas dinner. I cooked 'traditional' for the rest of the family.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
19-11-2006, 03:14 PM   #6

What a coincidence DM, I'm having chicken too I'm having it with roast potatoes and mixed veg. I'm getting practice in before next month with the turkey. I eat a lot of quorn too, as I'm not a huge meat eater, and never red meat! I don't have any objections to it, I just don't like the taste. I've got some lovely quorn recipes if you wanna trade some

Started off lovely here, but gone rather overcast. Had to do the scripture reading at church today, was my first time at this church so it was rather nice. Made the girls go and tidy their pigsty bedrooms (sorry to any pigs reading this, lol). Not much else planned.

Moli have a great day, hope you got pampered like you deserve.

Catsey Veteran

19-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #7

Oooh yes Alex- post away with those recipes! Pop them on the recipe sticky.
There are quite a lot of full/demi-veggies or meat-averse Catsey members. We probably have meat twice a week in the winter and once in summer. Fish a couple or three times and still quite a lot of veggie meals, as we've grown so used to them over the years. I almost always have fish or veggie when we eat out.
My chook will be roast with an onion, a handful of parsley, two cloves of garlic and a bay leaf inside, and we will have roast potatoes, roast onions, sprouts and parsnips (all from the allotment!) Tesco were selling 2 big mango for £2, so we will just have a plain mango 'hedgehog' each for after.
Bon appetit with yours!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
19-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #8

I want a veggie patch!!! Though Oh has promised me one whwn we get the garden sorted! I like how you're doing your chicken. I just smear mine in butter and cover in salt and pepper but I think I'm going to stick an onion and some garlic cloves in now!! I will post the recipes tonight, enjoy your 'chook', lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
19-11-2006, 06:26 PM   #9

Oh god what a day!!!! Gran wanted to take the dog, so she sat in the back of the car, dog decided it wanted to get under my seat whilst driving. Well I can safely say her and the dog together are never going in my car again, not unless there is somebody else in the car to hold the dog.

Then she proceeded to moan on for 5 hours about everything and everybody....moaning on about the electricity company making mistakes and demanding £600 from her, well she did fill in the calling card with the wrong meter reading!!!! aaarrrgggghhhhhh I need a big glass of wine!!!! <<< I love her really but she does do my head in....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #10

Poor Emma!! We've got all this to look forward too

I take it you were glad to get home!