Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
11-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #1

Daily Thread ~ Saturday

I know I'm a bit late this morning but I was giving someone else a chance to start one but you were all too slow!!! Wakey, wakey sleepy heads

Well yep another 4:30am start for me this morning

So far I've made a gammon stew, pepper and carrot soup and now I'm cooking the pork for tea tonight

I've started on painting the skirting boards in the livingroom as my parents are coming up in the next couple of weeks to help redecorate the livingroom. While I was rearranging the furniture I thought I might aswell start on the skirting boards. Finished the 2nd windowsill in the kitchen so that's sorted.

Later on this afternoon me and the kids are going to be putting up a bird feeder at the top of the garden by the garage cos the cats can't get to the garage roof (was mean and took their climbing board away so they can't get up there now ) It's the safest place in the garden and Lousie has been nagging me for ages to get a bird feeder. Cheeky mare said to me 'About time too Mam' when I showed her yesterday what I'd bought

Anyway too much to do can't sit here gassing all day.....well.....aye maybe I can

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #2

Re: Daily Thread ~ Saturday

Just popped into town to post Donna's parcel bought a bit of food off to do some housework in a bit. Not else much planned for the day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-11-2006, 01:16 PM   #3

I've had one of those 'woke up as superwoman' mornings! Done lots and lots but have managed to supress it now!
It's a lovely day here again, maybe the last sunshine for a while though - the longer term forecast gives a lower temperature and more moisture.
No plans for this afternoon - follow the various rugby matches I suspect.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-11-2006, 02:26 PM   #4

Well good morning all Naomi are the bird feeding posts rubbing off on you then?

Well had a leaky loo a washer worn away from where the water comes in, so turned the water off dismantled the loo went brought the parts fixed the leak/washers and put it all back together - on my own I might add. No leaks and works perfectly - wonder how much a plumber would have charged me - there again doubt I would have called one would have summonded Dad or Dave or my brother or brother in law oh the list goes on..... but the point is I did it myself.

May go out and put some of my leaf compost on the front there again may not .

Wonder how Smudgley rehoming is goingdid she say 3 or 4 people going to view cats today?

Catsey Veteran

11-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #5

Wow Kazz - but if you know what you're doing it's not so bad is it?

I know you've talked of a possible career change. You would be a wow as a lady plumber and would be in so much demand from female only households. Have you ever thought of it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
11-11-2006, 03:19 PM   #6

I saw the feeding kit in Aldi's (£3-99) for a seed feeder, nut feeder, seeds and nuts, fat balls and feed hanger. The seed & nut feeders on their own were £2-99 so thought 'Oh pot on it, might aswell get the kit'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
11-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #7

Well I have been to a Rabbit Rescue centre to find a wife for my bunny. There were three potential Mrs Pickle's so after the homecheck we will take him up there for his Blind Date scenario

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #8

Went to Weston this morning for a few hours of fresh air .........boy was it cold there!! It was blowing gale force winds but at least it was dry......hopefully that has blown the germs away!! Stopped off at two garden centres on the way home looking for bird tables .......both said they won't have them out until Spring .....I thought that was a strange thing to say

Catsey Veteran

11-11-2006, 04:44 PM   #9

Any use to you Mags?
http://www.birdfood.co.uk/

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-11-2006, 04:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Any use to you Mags?
http://www.birdfood.co.uk/
Thanks for the link DM...... unfortunately it looks like they only have one birdtable and ideally I would like it to be taller than the 57" one shown there