Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

View Poll Results: What would you wear??
Stuff the money - what are credit cards for? 2 10.53%
Be sensible - no one will notice! 17 89.47%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
08-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #1

Dilemna

Right I have a question for all you girls out there (and boys if you so wish):

I have my works Christmas Party in about four weeks. I dont have a lot of clothes and money is a bit tight at this time of year. I have bought some lovely new shoes from Next so have something new, but wondered ~

Would you wear the same dress two years running?

I havent tried it on, but have lost a stone from last year, so it might be a bit loose now (being hopeful ).

Would people remember?
Would people think I am tight?
Would the girls all slag me off in the cloakrooms?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #2

Re: Dilemna

Donna, I can remember you buying the dress for your Christmas Party last year and I'm sure you posted a pic of you wearing it. I know you looked lovely in it but I really cannot remember what it looked like exactly. So I say, wear last year's dress ....... I can't remember it (except that you looked nice in it!) .... so I doubt others will remember it either

Oh and don't worry about the girls in the cloakroom......if that's all they can talk about then they've got a problem.

Wear the dress, don't get in debt ........and enjoy the party!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: tabby
08-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #3

I'd definitely wear the dress if it fits.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-11-2006, 08:33 PM   #4

If the dress fits wear it! No one will notice and no one will care. Go for it girl and have a fab night out. xxx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
08-11-2006, 08:48 PM   #5

It is highly unlikely that people will remember what you were wearing last Christmas. Anyway, if they do, so what?! You have a fabulous new you to show off!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-11-2006, 08:51 PM   #6

tSeems unanimous so far: no one will notice and who cares! Just have a great time at the party!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #7

I'd wear the dress from last year.

This Xmas I am wearing my trousers suit - brought it about 6 years ago maybe more and I adore it. It makes me feel really good the soft silky material is great and I've worn it for 3 or so Xmas do's (although I changed places of work this year same company different branch) but have worn it two years running same people.

I tell now tell people I'm wearing the same as last year - no one even raises an eyebrow.
I don't recall your dresss from last year but can you add something to it such as a jacket? belt? to make it feel different to you?

Don't go into debt I promise you no one recalls what anyone wears unless it is really "gross" so don't worry and anyway everyone will be to busy worrying about their own outfit. See I am getting cynical in my old age.

Go and enjoy yourself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-11-2006, 09:47 PM   #8

Wear the dress! I had a lovely crushed black velvet (my 19 year old pre-children body) short number which I wore to my office do at leasr 3 years running 'cause (a) it cost too much to only wear once and (b) I looked damn good in it and hey, I was 19 and on a man hunt, lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-11-2006, 10:24 PM   #9

I would wear the dress you have Donna, like Mags, I remember you posting a picture of you wearing, it and can remember it looked really good...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-11-2006, 11:04 PM   #10

Oh yes I remember this dress you looked stunning in it last year and you will look even better this year, but I wonder if it will need to be taken in if you have lost a stone?? Wear a different shrug/cardi and some different jewellery and you will look great.

Would I wear the same dress again??? certainly