Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #1

Daily Shred Thread / Saturday..

Morning all It's a long time since I started one of these threads

Lovely, bright, sunny morning here but very crisp and chilly. Going out later to buy a new headboard for our bed. We threw the old one out a while ago but we are fed up with losing our pillows down the back of the bed

Not much else planned but the usual. Hubby is working this morning and has very kindly offered to put my horse out for me before he goes, so I am still hanging around in my jimjams at the minute

Hope you all have a lovely weekend

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-11-2006, 10:13 AM   #2

Re: Daily Shred Thread / Saturday..

Cold, bright and beautiful here.
I had the wierdest dream, where I was discussing halal and kosher animal slaughter with George Galloway! - do you think it might be my age?
Hope everyone has a great weekend - take care if you're going anywhere near those awful bangy-explodey things (I've never liked fireworks! )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
04-11-2006, 10:26 AM   #3

Its chilly, frosty and sunny here. Children gone with their Dad for the day, so I am off to try and start some shopping for that big day in December we are all trying to forget for now!

Managed to keep all kitties in last night from early on, although I am now modeling a wet patch in my hallway LOL - so better go and clean!

Have a great day x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
04-11-2006, 10:37 AM   #4

Morning all, cold sunshine today!! Just having some breakfast and then its off and out with the dogs for a bit..
Have more wood to break down, the base of the old shed-destroyed the roof and sides!, some rabbit hutches, part of an old wardrobe, an old picnic bench, part of a bred and an old cofee table-so when i return and have had lunch it will be out with sledge hammer again-great fun!! Then rest of the day will be spent helping getting everything ready for tonight...should be good fun.
Enjoy your day all.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-11-2006, 12:13 PM   #5

Morning all lovely sunny, crisp day here!

My first job of the morning was outside the front gate with a bucket of water...... some 'delightful' person had decided to 'bring his boots up' on the pavement

Not a lot planned for today.....

Luke
~ better make sure you have the Fire Brigade on standby if you're burning all that wood tonight ! Hope you have a good time anyway!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #6

Hi all! Another lovely day here, and I'm enjoying it in blissful solitude. The girls have gone off to their Brownie district day and OH has gone fishing. So it's justme and 3 sleeping kitties,lol! Just finished reading a book I have been trying to read for ages (Sam Bourne, The Righteous Men). Thoroughly enjoyed it. Done some washing and another load on, tidying up a little and relaxing for the rest of the day. Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #7

Well - we have a working fridge and freezer which is a huge relief after all this time! I had a full nights' sleep as hubby did the night time baby duty and will be off to get my nails done this afternoon. Hubby's done some more work on our garden lights which he'll finish tomorrow and that will be the final bit of our garden makeover completed!

We will be having a small selection of not-too-noisy fireworks in the garden later, together with a barbecue as the display we were going to go to had been threatened by animal activists (it's held at a wildlife park - but it shuts for the season during October and the animals are well out of the way when the fireworks are on). So sensibly, they cancelled it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
04-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #8

Gorgeous day here today. Sun has been shining and the cats have been out and about lazing in the sunshine. I now have a back lawn as finally a customers car has been collected today and taken away. Only one more customers car to go and then I can move the Rover to the door of the garage then i will have both my lawns back so I can do some garden tidying before the valuer comes next week to value the house.

Nope I'm not moving whilst hubby's away that's just mean, altho I was tempted We're just curious as to how much our house will be worth today on the housing market.

Oh and hubby's phoned me twice today to make sure everything is okay and to let us know he's safe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-11-2006, 09:23 PM   #9

Hi, all! Sunny and very cold today, officially it got down to 28F last night (at the airport, the official measuring station) but no frost here...the impatiens and basil were still OK, and they're the first to go when we have frost. But it was really cold on the way to the library; been indoors ever since just puttering around and waiting for my grocery delivery...they're late!! Think I'll log of and call them...need my stuff! Have a nice evening!