Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2006, 03:01 PM   #1

Please Take Care!

It's that time of the year again......fireworks, sparklers and huge bonfires. This weekend will be the start of the big noisy build up to the 5th.......

Most of the accidents at this time of the year happen to children,. so please take care with your little ones.

Also, make sure your all animals are safely indoors after dark. Every year animals suffer physically and mentally during November as a result of noisy firework displays and inconsiderate people. It is a pity there aren't more considerate neighbours around like Moli's neighbour who took the trouble to find out how her pets reacted to the noise......and then decided to hold her firework celebrations elsewhere....

Enjoy yourselves but please stay safe everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #2

Re: Please Take Care!

Yes Mummy! lol! Honestly though, you have an excellent point there Mags. I have bought a little £3.98 box of garden fireworks for the girls. OH will set them off at the back of the garden, and they have no loud bangers. Apart from the fact Hayley hates them, I know a few gardens up have quite a few dogs and I wouldn't like to scare them. My 3 dont bat an eyelid as I found out a few nights ago when across the road set off the loudest fireworks I have ever heard (I actually got OH to run outside, I thought there had been a gas explosion).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #3

Good advice!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #4

Well, the firework display we'd booked to go to has been cancelled. Someone from the park called with a rather mysterious message of 'threatened safety and security issues' . . . which is all a worry so I'm glad they cancelled!!

We will get a box of non-banging fireworks for the back garden and have a 'winter barbie'

I hope everyone has fun in whatever they decide to do, and Mags - thanks so much for the valuable warnings!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
03-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #5

Good advice, thank you x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
03-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #6

going to a display 2morrow, but im putting all the animals in the hallway with all the doors shut, the front door is an internal one so safe enough, no letter boxes ect. put some music on. plus DD is coming home to pet sit with them,
im looking forward to going out going to alexander palace, supposed to be a huge display.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #7

Excellent advice Mags, thank you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-11-2006, 08:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum
im looking forward to going out going to alexander palace, supposed to be a huge display.
Enjoy AllyPally BM. . . I went to a display there ages ago and it was stunning!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
03-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #9

I've had to bring my cats in tonight as someone is setting fireworks off now. Unfortunately I can't find Salt so am off out to call her again in a bit.

Just 2 streets away from us we have a rugby club and they are doing a display along with the fire station. The kids can see loads from their bedroom windows. A nice cheap display and saves me about £7.50

Fortunately we've not had any bad accidents where fireworks are concerned over the past few years.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-11-2006, 10:29 PM   #10

I've learned something today..knew the 5th of November was Guy Fawkes Day, but had no idea it was so celebrated with fireworks, etc! And that explains the strange avatars tht Mags and Moli have...wondered what they were about . Have a safe one!