Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
03-11-2006, 08:43 AM   #1

Daily shred - Friday.

Good morning everyone!

Well, we went out last night and returned with a gorgeous grey-and-white tuxie girl. She's incredibly friendly and playful, and we've named her Sashimi.

She started following us around and meowing for attention (in a fairly inoffensive, not-too-loud way ) as soon as we let her out of the carrier and she'd had her preliminary sniff around the litterbox and the food and water dishes, and Hippie ("Not really a cat person, honest!") is absolutely taken with her.

I've got to ring the embassy about my passport today, and I'll also ring the local vet to book her in for her much-needed spaying.

Now I'd better wake Random up, or he won't be up in time to go to school! Have a good day, everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-11-2006, 11:19 AM   #2

Re: Daily shred - Friday.

Snoof - congrats on your new arrival! Lovely name
Chilly again here. Lit the fire for the first time this season last night. After two minutes of wide-eyed suspicion, the kittens declared it 'a good thing' and promptly stretched out in front of it. They are very long when they put their minds to it!
Also had the winter duvet on the bed. It's very deep - the boys were almost invisible when they snuggled in. (remember my kittens weren't going to sleep on our bed? Hmmm, that worked then )
Min returned her breakfast this morning, for the first time in a long time. I don't know why clearing up made me feel a bit ikky too (heaven knows I've done enough of it) so I've sent OH and Dinah out for a walk in the forest themselves, whilst I hopefully recover. So stupid.
Hope everyone has a good day. Thinking of you today Nae - the first day of the rest of your life eh?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2006, 12:45 PM   #3

Morning everyone!

I beginning to feel like I'm back in the world today......if only I could get rid of this perishing cough

It's beautiful here and I managed to get out and get the shopping done this morning........ a bit of sunshine makes you feel so much better

Snoof
~ Congrats on your new kitty, great name too! Looking forward to her pics!

DM
~ Poor Min, hope it was just a one off...........and I hope you have recovered too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum

A timely reminder to all not to go licking lamp-posts . . . lovely smiley . . .

Today I've only just managed to get showered and dressed as small ones, together with an ever-ringing telephone have conspired to keep me occupied. I'm awaiting the 'Korean manufacturers' own repair engineer this afternoon, but I'm not holding my breath. Just tried to pour Domi a glass of blackcurrant to find that the blasted fridge has frozen his juice solid in the bottle

Snoof - lovely to see you back - Sashimi is a beautiful name for you new kitty.

DM - so sorry Min and you are both feeling pukey. Maybe you've both picked up a bug??

Mags - hang on in there, sounds like you're on the mend

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-11-2006, 03:09 PM   #5

Mags -glad you're starting to feel better.
All - thanks for best wishes to Min. She's bright eyed and bushy tailed again and has been out for a little stroll in the sun. She's now nagging me as her white fish cools off!
Nearly saw the most awful thing. We were coming back from an errand, on our side of the road, say 50 yards ahead, a very small cat (maybe this year's kitten like my boys), scudding back and forward on the pavement like a mad thing. OH slows down, I look around - there's a car coming towards us (on its side of the road). Cat hares out into the road, driver of other car is blissfully unaware, I shut my eyes, put my hand over them and turn my head (no half measures) and ask OH "Is it OK?". Answer yes, but by about 2 hair's breadth. Phew!
I wonder if the poor thing had had a near squeak before and was scared and desperate to get home? Too busy a road to have a cat on though, unless you have a cat pen. That would have really made my day (not).
My ickness has gone - it was just the clearing up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #6

Afternoon all. Another glorious day here. Wrapped up warm today, woolly hat and scarf and everything, looks a right wally but a warm one, lol! My Raechel is off on a school trip today to one of those victorian village places. Her class are to be taught in an old classroom and to dress up in pinafores and such, so looking forward to hearing about that when she comes home.

You know the little tortie girls I was telling you about, well I seem to be down to only one now. Obviously the gry has gone to a new home, but the littlest tortie has disappeared. I'm hoping and praying that she has been 'rescued' to! The one who is left, comes running up the road to me as soon as she sees me now, wanting a fuss and some nibbles. Such a little love she is.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
03-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #7

Afternoon all, Winter sun again here, but chilly x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
03-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #8

Thanks everyone - she's also a gorgeous little girl, go check out her pictures in the Pictures forum

DM - Glad Min is feeling better and you are, too. Clearing up sick is about as much fun as being sick, so I don't blame you!

Mags - Hope you feel better soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
03-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #9

been out for the day to brent cross so busy, had lunch with my DD. just went for a wander around was good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
03-11-2006, 07:13 PM   #10

Had a great afternoon. Whilst hubby's dad ttok him tot he airport my MIL took me and the kids out for the afternoon. We had a great time. Bought Louise some new school shoes nad bought them each a hat and scarf set. We then had some lunch and toddled off home.

I put some washing out earlier in the day and within 10mins it was frozen to the clothes arier it was that cold this morning