Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: BengalSnow/Burmese cross
24-10-2006, 11:38 PM   #1

Beautiful Bengal Snow x Burmese 11 weeks

I am on this site as I am heart broken to say that having persevered with petal cleanse and cleaning all the time I may have to re home my new kitten. He is absolutely beautiful and very loving and boisterous. Does anyone have any ideas I haven't tried - am getting an air purifier too but not sure if this will help. Anihistamine isn't.
Also if I did rehome I would need to do a home visit, and for it to be near to Bucks and ideally someone who is home a lot and would allow me to visit from time to time. So very local ideally. What a pickle I'm in. Can anyone help?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-10-2006, 02:02 AM   #2

Re: Beautiful Bengal Snow x Burmese 11 weeks

Denise, sorry but I don't understand...what exactly is the problem? Incontinnce?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-10-2006, 09:03 AM   #3

Denise - how long have you had the kitten? It may be that your body can come to terms with the cat antigens if you persevere for a little longer.
A Dyson ultra filter vacuum cleaner will pull up particles, and laminate floors and leather furniture is easily wiped.
However, if you have to give him up I wish you all the best and think you are going about it the right way - inspecting where he will go etc etc.
If you can hold onto him whilst a new home is found you may find that your local Cats Protection branch has, or can identify, a prospective new home.
Good luck

Edit Re-post your post on 'Rescue related/Lost and Found' if you are looking for someone to adopt him from this messageboard. Your message will be 'lost' in Introductions.
Good luck

25-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #4

thanks for replying so soon, yes im pretty down about it, i would persevere if i thought it would make a difference but how long do you think we are talking i am going home and feeling like ****. it's 4 weeks now.
thanks for your encouragement anyway...

25-10-2006, 11:16 AM   #5

no im allergic

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
25-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #6

my mum was allergic to cats and with me being a cat lover and having 3 of them living with her didnt help however she now seems to be used to them and having no allergic reaction

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
25-10-2006, 01:50 PM   #7

So sorry to hear this. I have heard that people can become immune to their own cats everntually, but you are obviously suffering, so not surr what to suggest. Good luck whatever happens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #8

My brother was allergic - used to react badly but now, after some exposure to my cats he lives in a house with a cat and has no adverse reactions at all.

However, I do realise that each reaction is individual and you might never be able to be exposed to cats long-term. I have that problem with dogs, severly allergic at any exposure at all.

Have you looked at herbal remedies (and I don't mean the type of stuff you can get in Holland and Barret) - do you have a good herbalist living near you who might be able to help? What about hypnosis/accupuncture or other alternative therapies?

If all else fails, I do wish you luck with your rehoming - it must be heartbreaking to give away a beloved pet.

Hugs.