Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
19-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #1

Right your ideas needed..

Heres the problem-the aunt with kittens (sounds like a disease!!) and her long suffering hubby and brood were due to go away in the caravan from Sunday till Thursday morning-all this was planned before the patter of tiny paws, but its beena hectic five weeks (thats how old the kits are tomorrow!) and now the holiday is just around the corner..but they are stuck on what to do with Megan and the kits!!
the aunt has other pets too, whom for years have been cared for by the next door neighbour-but A) she too is away on holiday, cruise-lucky thing! and B) they couldn't expect a 64 year old woman with dodgy legs to look after rather rambuctious kittens aswell as everyone else!
We sat down today and wrote a list of everyone and slowly but surely the names got crossed off as they wouldn't do it, or couldn't do it, or were away too, or were allergic to cats etc-orr the big one, its just far away! Most of the family live in centre coventry, or more up warwickshire way-but the aunt with kittens lives on the edge of Bedworth so its kinda awkward.
I would volunteer-however, it would be five days out in Bedworth, in a holiday, and if i did manage to go out anywhere with friends, or wanted to come home, or attend appointments etc its TWO terribley LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG bus rides to city centre, plus the fact i am still not on top form with one thing or another (different story) so that was ruled out..
they really are stuck at a loss-they can't exactlly bundle the moggy family off to someone's house-but then again they can't really (they said the would if they had too) take them away for five days in a caravan, and they can't really cancel this late in the game now-oooh its bloody difficult!
So i need your thinking caps securely on-and some advice!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-10-2006, 03:48 PM   #2

Re: Right your ideas needed..

No, can't help Luke.
It's either you (is there internet connection there?) or the cats go in the caravan (not ideal).
Good luck, whatever.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
19-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #3

I have had an idea of a certain 2nd cousin who's folks are going away (in different caravan of course) with the aunt and her family, whilst he stays behind as he did not wish to go-19 y/o and apparentlly caravaning doesn't appeal too him-so i may pester him, and i'm so very talented and persuding people, to go and stay at the house with the cats-i may even get it so he does a few days and then i will stay there from wednsday lunch time say till the next day when everyone returns-i just can't do the whole five days-various things going on, appointments, catching up with folk i haven't seen for a while planned-may sound selfish. But i can do a part of it i think-not ideal but i can't see it being fun carting the mogs up to cumbria in a caravan for five days!

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
19-10-2006, 08:10 PM   #4

Crisis averted-my above idea is going to be used, and hopefully will work out well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-10-2006, 08:10 PM   #5

Sounds as if you and the cousin (if you can persuade him!) splitting the kitten-sitting duty would work out; you'd still have some time for yourself...or, could Megan and the little ones stay at your house? You didn't mention that so suspect it's not an option... Let us know the latest installment in the ongoing saga .....

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
19-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Sounds as if you and the cousin (if you can persuade him!) splitting the kitten-sitting duty would work out; you'd still have some time for yourself...or, could Megan and the little ones stay at your house? You didn't mention that so suspect it's not an option... Let us know the latest installment in the ongoing saga .....
As i said just before-all sorted now. Having them to stay would have been a nice idea-however the 'upping sticks' and having the mog family stay somewhere was something the aunt was unhappy about..Megan seems to be still quite 'messed up' over the death of the big tort, upheaving them for the sake of five days could probably create more probs.
Think the split stay will work out ok..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #7

We both posted at the same time! Glad it's been sorted out.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #8

When do you get Dinah Luke??

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
19-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
When do you get Dinah Luke??
Yet to be decided, she is five weeks tomorrow-more or less fully weaned and litter trained, still too young to leave of course-the aunt said we could consider taking her at 6 weeks, but i'm more inclined to leave it too the seven possibly eight weeks mark-aunt only said this as the vet said he thinks it would be fine considering how 'forward' she is..but i think i shall leave it till seven..possibly eight-we have decided to 'judge the situation' at the time.
She will be meeting Ralph before she comes home-so they meet on 'her ground'-they've already met Florrie, the lump just lay there while they climbed on her!
Name is subject to change-sorry folks i bet i'm confusing you with this name changing-will explain on another thread!!