Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
16-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #1

Totally gutted this evening (following news re Farepak hampers)

Not sure if any of you heard the news of the closure of Farepak Foods & Gifts. For a few years now I have saved for vouchers to use at Christmas for presents and food by paying £34 a month to Farepak. A payment was taken out in October, so I have paid a total of £306 this year. They are now saying that customers will not receive their hampers or vouchers. I am devastated. Since my OH was made redundant a few years ago (he does now have another job but it is a huge drop in salary) this way of saving for Christmas has been so useful and suited us well. I have now had to tell my family including my 2 teenagers that I cannot afford presents this year. I am hurt, angry, upset and feel as though someone had taken £300 from my purse. Disgusting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #2

Re: Totally gutted this evening (following news re Farepak hampers)

So sorry Kim.
Good friends of mine save for their christmas this way they have lost £'s too not sure how much they are totally gutted, Pete works but low pay a security guard and Sylvie works cleaning (so one of them is home for the children, they have twins of 9 and a lad of 5 and twins of 2 )
they save for vouchers and a hamper (I think) and they are gutted they pay out start of next month don't they - odd its taken them till now to work out they have problems.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #3

I heard it on the news, so sorry Kim....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-10-2006, 10:36 PM   #4

So sorry to hear that Kim

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-10-2006, 08:33 AM   #5

You are kidding me? I pay into Farepark too and hadnt heard that. Is there no way we can get our money back? I am so angry now!!! Thats disgusting that they take our money all year and then make the announcement this late on! Not only disgusting but its bloody theft in my eyes!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-10-2006, 08:35 AM   #6

This is disgraceful and yes, to me, it sounds like theft. But it's 'business', so nothing will happen. In fact the reptiles who ran this scheme will probably just walk away and set up another way to fleece the unsuspecting.
So sorry for those who have lost

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #7

Well thats Xmas ******ed for hundreds of people, the consumer loses every time. And all we can do is chalk it off to bad experience.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
17-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #8

I am sorry to hear this news ((((((hugs)))))) x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #9

I hadn't heard this. So sorry it's messed things up It might be worth looking in to and checking to see if customers' money is in some way ringfenced/insured/bonded? Is there not a receiver appointed who can offer advice?

It really is preying on those who can least afford to take any kind of financial hit and I think it's disgusting and exploitative

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
17-10-2006, 05:39 PM   #10

a friend of mine has lost almost a £1000 with farepack, thats all her food and her familys presants. she scrimped n scraped to pay that every month. her sisiter has lost out as well she has twin boys both with disabilities.
the ppl who run that company should be arrested and charge with theft, on a grand scale. but instead some one probally laying on a beach some where thinking fooled them, just gets me so angry, as normally its the nice ppl who get hurt. who ever is responsable should rot in jail