Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-09-2006, 07:31 PM   #1

Half term holiday help

Now I know this is probably mission impossible, but does anyone know of anywhere cheap (and I mean under £150) that we can take the kids for half term. We all desperately need a holiday as we haven't had a proper one (and I don't count visiting the rellies in Scotland a holiday) in 3 years. We are on a very limited budget and everywhere puts their prices sky high for the half term break, so if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #2

Re: Half term holiday help

The only thing I could suggest is a caravan - a private one, rather than Haven or another 'park company'. Don't know how you go about finding one - chose your area then look at the local papers?
If you go for that make sure it has good heating which has been properly serviced - don't want you getting poisoned with boiler fumes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #3

Have a look here for places on/near the Gower. Not too far from you and there appear to be some cheap cottages
http://www.stayinwales.co.uk/

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #4

Thanks for that Dm. Just had a look but still out of our range. I'm going to try speaking to the headmaster of the school on Monday to see if he'll give permission to take them out of school the week before as its so much cheaper

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
23-09-2006, 11:34 PM   #5

Pupils are allowed to take up to 10 days 'holiday' during term time per academic year. Most Headteachers should give permission unless attendance is below 80%.

Where do you do your shopping? We shop at Tescos and collect clubcard points, if you use the vouchers in 'deals' they are worth 4 times as much. This year we used them for our narrowboat holiday, it cost £1,120 all paid for in clubcard vouchers - they are excellent! Probably no good for Oct half-term, but might be worth thinking about in the future?