Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #1

Friendship and companionship

Just thought I would say how much I enjoy the friendship and companionship here. Support when it's needed and a laugh when it's appropriate.

We don't take the opportunity to say how much we appreciate each other, and sometimes we have no opportunity before someone leaves us. Of course I have a reason to say this today, with the sudden loss of a valued Dogsey member .... and I haven't said it very well.

Thanks

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #2

Re: Friendship and companionship

You have said it very well DM

We are lucky that is such a friendly site where regular posters get 'to know' each other quite well and offer support to each other at every opportunity.

The terrible news on Dogsey this morning has brought it home to me too. I've only posted on there a few times but I do read the posts regularly and got to 'know' SB and how much a lovely person she was.

There is a lot of friendship amongst members here on Catsey.....something we shouldn't forget

Btw DM, you are amongst the great members!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
19-09-2006, 04:28 PM   #3

Thank you to you all for your friendship online x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
19-09-2006, 04:56 PM   #4

Couldn't agree more with you there H

Sometimes we may feel a little 'soppy' saying how much we appreciate everyone which is why we don't say it as often as we should.

It only seems to be when we are hit by such tragedy as we have today that we realise how much our cyber friends mean to us and we tend to take each other for granted.

Let's hope the friendships never waiver

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
19-09-2006, 05:16 PM   #5

It is so strange that it takes for us to loose something to realise what it was we had...the death of Lesley is a trajic one, and i personally can not see how Dogsey will function properly without her-not that it will end or anything, just won't seem the same.
Dogsey is great..many lovely folk on there that i consider "friends" and would turn to in times of crisis etc..however as dogsey is on such a big scale its difficult to know everyone...there are more little *online social circles* that one mixes in over there. However, on CP (as it will allways be!!!) we are different...we are a family, we know each other, we share our problems and inform one and other in our times of joy and our times of sadness. Family/togetherness is a core value that i should hope we never loose.
I think highly of each and every member on here, and i think its great how their are no online enmies on CP (as sorta are on dogsey.....).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
19-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #6

I like it here because it is more intimate than most forums I go on. Everyone is very friendly. What happened to the Dogsey member, had she been ill or was her death sudden? Whichever, it is always so sad to lose someone.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-09-2006, 06:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
I like it here because it is more intimate than most forums I go on. Everyone is very friendly. What happened to the Dogsey member, had she been ill or was her death sudden? Whichever, it is always so sad to lose someone.
Kim, here is the link to Az's post breaking the news this morning...........
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=43810

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #8

Whats happened????????????

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: longhair
19-09-2006, 06:36 PM   #9

I havn't posted much...yet but it's true - like Dogsey, Catsey is a community where people do support and care for each other. With so much sadness and cruelty in the world, Catsey and Dogsey are little havens of peace for me....and yes, the news on Dogsey does make us appreciate everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #10

Dear God just looked at the thread.....life is cruel and too short. Enjoy every day everyone enjoy everyday, and try to make every conversation count.
Made me think if I can't say anything good I won;t say anything.