Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
04-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #1

Wish me Luck!!

Well my children go back to school tomorrow and I am dreading getting Sean up...

He doesnt want to go, hates school, is moody and unco-operative. It will be a major strategic operation in the morning to get everyone where they need to be for the right time!!!

Have planned it all tonight, with uniforms all prepared and in the right place, bags packed, lunches made and in the fridge.

So all I have to do is get him out of bed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
04-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #2

Re: Wish me Luck!!

Good luck Donna!!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
04-09-2006, 11:03 PM   #3

Hope it all goes to plan Donna. I really feel for you if your son hates school so much. Here in Leicestershire schools went back last Thursday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-09-2006, 01:25 AM   #4

Good luck! Never having had a child I can only imagine the difficulty of getting a reluctant teenager up.....play some very loud musiic that he hates on the CD player...???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #5

Hope you manage to gert him to school...
poor boy, it must be difficult for him going back...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
05-09-2006, 01:26 PM   #6

Hope your plan worked and everyone got to the right place at the right time.

My little brother was a nightmare to get ready for school, he was dislexic (sp) and it was a real struggle. It didn't help when he was bullied all the way through school because of his problem He hated school and would pull every trick under the sun to stay home

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #7

Hi Donna. I know it's not easy raising kids and I know your circumstances , but I just throw out these ideas in a 'look at it, take it if you want, reject it if you want, it might just help' sort of way. Not casting myself as an expert on teen psychology.
Isn't a lot of Sean's trouble to do with his feeling of self esteem/self worth? Is there something he could do to improve it - either in a very masculine way - judo, tai kwan-do, football, rugby, ACF/ATC, the 'traditional male pursuits; or else something completely off-the-wall, which would be his own thing, his quirky area, 'yes, not everybody does this but I'm me, I'm happy inside my skin' etc etc. Bit stuck here but maybe go quite the opposite to the stereotyped male ... voluntary work with the elderly or disabled, helping with an animal charity, dance, drama ......

Just a thought.
Good luck

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
05-09-2006, 03:36 PM   #8

Hope today went well x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-09-2006, 06:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Hi Donna. I know it's not easy raising kids and I know your circumstances , but I just throw out these ideas in a 'look at it, take it if you want, reject it if you want, it might just help' sort of way. Not casting myself as an expert on teen psychology.
Isn't a lot of Sean's trouble to do with his feeling of self esteem/self worth? Is there something he could do to improve it - either in a very masculine way - judo, tai kwan-do, football, rugby, ACF/ATC, the 'traditional male pursuits; or else something completely off-the-wall, which would be his own thing, his quirky area, 'yes, not everybody does this but I'm me, I'm happy inside my skin' etc etc. Bit stuck here but maybe go quite the opposite to the stereotyped male ... voluntary work with the elderly or disabled, helping with an animal charity, dance, drama ......

Just a thought.
Good luck
His father forced him to do karate for years to "toughen him up" and he HATED it.

He is in a local football team which he doesnt seem to enjoy unless he is playing well or scores a goal.

He wont do anything for me let alone anybody he doesnt know.

He thinks drama and dance etc are not for "real men".

ANYTHING I suggest is not good enough but thanks for the ideas!!! Keep em coming - there might just be something he would approve of (but I doubt it!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
06-09-2006, 08:31 AM   #10

Tapestry or pigeon keeping then!

Can you think of anything you can do together involving a group of other people - as mixed as possible?